Blizzard, don't cave in to whiny healbots

Looks like they will cave into the whiny Dps kids who want this game to be a COD ripoff :roll_eyes:

25 Likes

Sombra, the only hero I’ve played in the beta (and I have like 25+ hours) is literally the furthest thing possible from COD what :joy:
I’m probably also one of the strongest advocates for nerfing Soldier

Always will be some one on the forums trying to instigate a fight.

The draw to OW1 was that it was a team-based game with heroes for all types of play styles. You could jump into OW and feel comfortable no matter your gaming background. There are so many other shooters out there where you can essentially play deathmatch and tunnel vision until your brains fall out. OW shouldn’t be trying to join that list.

I don’t think this new playstyle is going to draw as many people to it as OW1 did on its first 3 years. If anything, it is going to turn more players away, imo. I already watched ~100 OW friends disappear and never return to playing after RQ hit. What does that mean for the community if half the support roster is a free kill? Much longer queue times 'cause nobody is going to want to play a role that they aren’t having fun on, as seen by the tank role.

But go on and tell me about how you don’t care about the queue times (nor health of the game) and you don’t think it’s going to affect you.

I’ll just do something else

And what of those people who won’t be willing to sit in 10+ minute queues? They are going to find something else to play with less wait, thus making queue times worse.

TL;DR The game has to be balanced ALL around. No role should be left behind for “BUT MUH KILLS”

37 Likes

My whole point is that currently support is balanced minus Zen.
Ow1 was grossly overpowered

Whats your frame of reference for this?

The original post is another amazing example of the kind of human that insults the waitstaff at a restaurant and then wonder why their food tastes funny. I applaud you for trying to point out the obvious, but they’re not gonna get it.

23 Likes

Or they’re just playing dps. Because who wants to play support obviously you guys don’t. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

oh no long queue times!
definitely wasn’t like that in ow1…

5 Likes

Playing the game?

Your experience does not match mine. Why do you think they’re were overpowered?

5 Likes

I can’t look at anything when I’m dead because I can’t stop a flanker.

7 Likes

DPS Mains sure are a fickle bunch, aren’t they? They complain if Supports don’t constantly keep them healed, yet accuse them of being “Heal Bots” if they actually do focus on keeping them healed, yelling at any Support who is more focused on offense.

They take for granted just how much damage they take from incoming fire when the Supports keep them healthy, yet immediately begin frantically spamming “need healing” (even after death) the minute their health drops below 100%.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think that all Supports need buffed/reworked, (I’ve been doing just fine as Zenyatta and Brigitte) but at the same time, Supports are grossly underappreciated by DPS Mains, and are treated as scapegoats for their every personal failure.

Dying too much? “Supports aren’t doing their jobs!”
Getting too few kills? “Supports are too good at their jobs!”

Gimme a break.

35 Likes

What’s going to be hilarious is when Blizzard does a band aid fix to the support issue by buffing their damage universally.

The whining from dps mains will be epic as their “free kills” start killing them back. :smile:

11 Likes

Xdxd tanks left because they melted like butter

7 Likes

Not when one side has Ana/Moira or Ana/Bap. The amount of healing those two duos put out is still insane…

The less people that queue for the game, the less things die.

And if no one queues, no one dies.

So perhaps in the end supports will find a way to prevent virtual deaths.

Perhaps in the end they will demonstrate that their choices in fact do matter.

20 Likes

You’re right we have to 360 because our dps and single tank don’t turn around. They are instead out of sight because the second you get away from a flanker you have to heal something or we die to said flanker because somehow they left three people get behind a dps and tank to hit the support. Yes supports who never died in ow1 used cover but somehow in ow2 they just don’t understand how to play. Supports now only have one playstyle now (aggressive) and the second you lose one the team collapses. How about turning around and I don’t know support the support. It’s not like supports have to keep track of the entire team whom decided to flank, the enemy who is flanking and the single tank in all 360 directions.

5 Likes

Peeple underestimate jsut how hyper-aware supports have to be during a game, like all the time you are healing and buffing you need to look behind you for flankers and pick out audio cues AND tell your team… it’s tough.

Also because of your name:

WWWWWWWRRRRRRYYYYYYYYY! KONO DIO DA!

4 Likes

Only issue with this is this can very easily put us back in Zen meta for the entire game’s lifespan again :skull:

Agreed tho they’re probably gonna have to update her lore to show us why she became a little more aggressive and willing to kill when it’s needed

Moira is fine like you said.

Brig and Lucio are super busted especially Lucio.

They both get to stack their self healings with the support passive and get short cooldown boops as well. Lucio gets SPEED AND THE PASSIVE AND BOOPS. He has CC and gives everyone movement. He’s busted and it feels weird to say.

1 Like

You know, threads like these make me really want Blizzard to buff the dueling capability of supports. But I’m sure that even that would make DPS players even more upset, because that’s not what these threads are actually about. It’s about keeping Blizzard from giving supports some love because right now it’s easy mode on DPS and they don’t want to give that up. Ironic, really.

18 Likes