You can find a detailed response to this question here. However, suffice to say that leaving the competitive match for any reason is disruptive for everyone else who wants to play the game. We aren’t aware of any problems causing these types of issues on our side, and as you mentioned no one else was affected. This points to something on your side that is causing this situation. Even if you didn’t notice any other connection problems, it’s not unusual for certain settings to only affect Overwatch specifically.
In this case, the only thing we can do is go through some troubleshooting that may help you pinpoint the problem. Since this can take some time, I recommend avoiding competitive matches until you are sure these disconnects have stopped.
You can start by going through some basic troubleshooting steps outlined here. If these disconnects persists, please reply with a WinMTR test so we can see what may be happening on the route:
- Download WinMTR
- Unzip the WinMTR.zip file to the Desktop.
- Open the WinMTR folder and select the 64 bit version.
- Run the WinMTR.exe as Admin
- Type the IP address you want to trace in the “Host” field. To get the correct IP you will actually need to open up the game and go Practice Vs AI or Quick Play and if you are on PC hit Ctrl+Shift+N and it will bring up the ingame network diagnostic graph. In the top left corner is the IP address you want to run WinMTR to.
Note: You will want to leave the colon and last 5 digits at the end off and only use the first four set of digits (for example, 22.214.171.124 in the screenshot without the :26535).
- Once you notice the connection issue while playing, play for about 6 more minutes, minimize the game and click on “Stop”.
- Click on “Copy text to clipboard”, then return to this forum thread.
- Type two sets of four tildes (~) and then paste the contents of the WinMTR test between:
~~~~ Paste WinMTR Test Results Here ~~~~
Note: Break links by adding a space before .com/.net, so you can post them. If you have issues pasting here, please use Pastebin and post the link then highlight the link and press the ˂/˃ button.