Blizz: Is Symmetra a running gag in your company?

I think the problem is…us. Actually.

I think that we drove them off, and convinced them to only push communication through their PR department.

If we weren’t such bad fans, maybe they would talk to us more.

1 Like

There’s a Blizzard dev who plays Sym more than you do probably.

Symmetra is the Elemental Shaman of Overwatch.

the ammount of bots defending this trash hero is amazing!

1 Like

Threads like this are becoming a running gag on the forums. I think they’ve surpassed Mercy threads in number and annoyance, and this is coming from a long-time Sym advocate. You all aren’t even acknowledging the changes that have happened, I still see people use arguments that haven’t applied to her since 1.0. It’s time to catch up with reality.

^^Pretty much sums up everything perfectly.

2 Likes

Where are they. Why are so little of them playing her that her pickrates dropped from 2.0 when she was already niche and rare to see

1 Like

The sym buff spammers are a running gag on the forum. They should only nerf her to teach you all a lesson that obnoxiously brigading and spamming the forum everyday is not cool.

1 Like

She just needs some minor buffs and she’d be good. Slightly faster tp, larger interact radius, bug fixes, and some way to provide shield hp to her allies and she’d be a complete, healthy, strong character.

Torb has turrets and yet got a survavability buff, buffed his gun to do reaper level damage and an area denial ultimate that can do crazy damage. It shows in his pickrates too as they actually went up, not dropped down like syms

1: other heroes have been added/changed since her old self.

2: niche exists and her niche isnt effective in the current meta.

Are you gonna tell me that Sym 2.0s niche was effective during double sniper?

If anything this should be her niche, this meta is full of slow targets that need to TP fast and barriers she can charge her beam on and yet it isn’t because a dps that has a wind up toy for a weapon and the single most team reliant ability in game is a bad concept.

1 Like

i think symmetra is fine, from what i see against me when i play, and when i play her. Shes easy to destroy if you have a team backing you up, and if you know how to play her properly

1 Like

The only way TP will stop being a bad ability is if they make it into a graviton that forces teammates through it. You can increase the interact radius and make it indestructible, but unless you have teammates that are willing to play the strategy that sym wants (how are a bunch of randoms in comp that hate having a sym gonna do that) it’s just something you use for unexpected turret bombs that work maybe 30% of the time.

Granted, 90% of the time the TP is for myself, but those buffs would still help on that front.

again.
niche.

bad idea or not doesnt matter when she has specific times she will work.

and bastion sat in worse shape for longer than sym.

she is.

check QP out.
w/o teamwork/planning you will a sym wreck the enemy.

99% sure this was removed when syms got team killed for spawning it at a maps edge. (trolls)

casue its a team game. everyone doesnt wanan play same way. talk it out and decide which will work.

then…i know this might not be what you wanan hear…dont play her with that team?

1 Like

Well then why can’t she have a fast solo teleport, turn herself into hard light and TP like that. The reason devs are keeping TP this weak is because as they said, they do not want choke points to be completely pointless, which is a valid concern if you have teammates wiling to coordinate but this isn’t the situation in most of comp, certainly not in my games where rein is willing to stand in the small paris chokepoint and eat junkrat nades than use my safe tp to get to point.

Thats in your games then … i already had games with/against symmetra where tp won teamfights and captured points. Its not a bad ability per se only because you are unlucky with teammates. Sometimes i play her and people dont use tp or its not working out… then i change the way i play or switch …

On eichenwalde and hanamura many people already know the strat and play with the tp… You cannot change people so either keep playing like that or switch.

Reworks cost a lot of money and i doubt they will rework her once again … when they could spend the time for making new heroes.

I play symm and i dont see much hate anymore … only when its not working people demand on a switch … which is legit since comp is most of all about winning and climbing the ranks. You should double check your attitude before you go ranked in soloq

And that’s the problem with. Does anybody have to step on sombra and press f to activate hack? Does mei have to change when her teammates don’t take advantage. No because their utilities apply debuffs that are universal and can be used everywhere like zens discord. Symmetras is not

But in the scenario you gave, your boss asked you for a rework.

The reality of the Symmetra situation is that it isn’t their boss asking for a rework, it’s a bunch of dweebs demanding a rework. Just not the same.