Blizz, I don't want to comp with people not in vocie

You’re in gold, even if everyone is in voice chat, odds are that nobody is going to give useful callouts and nobody will listen to your callouts.

If they are able to play at that rank without being in voice chat, then let em. They might not be in voice chat because they are just playing for fun anyways, in which case, they want to avoid toxicity. If they aren’t trying and are at the same rank as you then they probably will do fine w/o vc. Teammates not in voice chat can be frustrating but you just have to keep in mind who IS in voice chat and make callouts specifically targeting them.

1 Like

I agree, most people don’t even listen to vc below diamond anyways.

This game, its a very simple concept… Team push, team fights, ult economy, map awareness, GROUPING UP, etc…

Its typically the guy who is so triggered people aren’t in voice chat that gets flanked on then blames the lack of callouts. Its hilarious to be honest.

For me, Voice chat is a disturbance. I like to hear the game, Hear footsteps, It helps me exponentially with my situational awareness. Unlike some mouthbreather who heard a female voice for the first time!

It seems that you would want me at my best in a competitive game… My bad my best is not listening to presumably horrible call outs.

Edit: If Blizzard up’d the competitive stakes, MAYBE then I would adapt. But I’m sorry, Competitive points and some fictitious number aren’t enough for me to care anymore than I do now. But hey, My desire to wanna win should be all you need.

1 Like

Would it be alright if I was in VC but I had my volume turned down to zero so I never spoke (or listened since that was also at zero?)

So basically, I gave the impression I was still in VC though and would like. ALMOST never leave VC (which again, if I did do it, was pure raging cuz It was just for show that I was in VC in teh first place lol. so dum)

I’m NOT going to say that it was Right or Fair for everybody. BUT It was probably one of the few ways I would be able to play, say 1000 matches or so in Solo q and still give my team the impression we were still all together (or that at the very least, I was in “in” VC)

I KNOW it would have made a difference to my team if I wasn’t in VC. So I stayed in VC for that very reason.

Did they all know my volume settings? I dunno. I was streaming the whole time lol.
Whev. I thot I was pretty respectful with my game play. And I never flamed or complained that way either. (I blocked both chats. . those places are fcing cess pools where people mostly look to stroke their egos . . eff that place)
so you know. That’s pretty positive relatively .

And , who knows, maybe it worked. I didn’t get reported / banned so there was that.
I hear your argument . .
:hear_no_evil:

ttv/ acttutor
stream up if you want to see how I navigate vc in comp

1 Like

Agreed, how else will my team enjoy the latest remix of Alex Jones ranting about gay frogs if I can’t force them to listen to it?

1 Like

My girl says my mouth breathing is cute tho :pleading_face:

I’m not in voice chat in comp if I’m streaming, since I can’t garentee that someone isn’t going to follow TOS (both twitch and blizzard) and rules I have set up for myself. I’m also very honest about it and tell people that I’m not joining since I’m streaming. I think it’s fair. When people learn how to talk respectfully in a comp game I will change my mind.

Cool. I don’t want to play comp with voice with those who can’t be respectable and non toxic. Which has these people EVERY match.

You realize it’s literally on your hands to get what you are asking for right?
Stop being a 2k bot then you will have plenty of comms the higher you climb.
And you don’t even need comms to get to masters+ except on tank if you are decent, but I see you are 2k after 1200 levels so theres really little hope for you especially if you think comms are what’s holding you back.

Too much Toxicity in the VC. No one listens to one another. It’s just more fighting within the team. Even if you’re just listing in, if you’re a tank, chances are they are going to be talking $h!T and saying your a trash tank. 85% of time I play and join Vc that happens. So on my end its not worth it anymore. It doesn’t make the game fun. But that’s just me.

1 Like

The game is filled with antisocials with no social skills and no interest in working as a team. If someone showed up at a pickup spoets game and put on headphones to listen to music and ignore teammates they would be laughed off the field. There is zero point in playing a team game without communication. It is just randomness and chaos. And thia game, lik everything going back to counterstrike is filled with mostly good players who communicate. The people who are toxic are the ones that get defensive, refuse to adapt to the field by switching characters? and who leave voice chat. They ahould be forced into quick play where they can have all the randomness and choas they can handle.

Competitive=work as a team, which is inpossible without voice. Period.

Looks like quick play is for you then!

Why should Overwatch players use voice chat, or take competitive play seriously, when the game is algorithmically handicapped? More info:

1 Like

And I don’t want to comp with people who are toxic and vile. I think we’re both not gonna get what we want any time soon.

Ironically enough, it’s because of sociopaths and children that I’ve stopped joining VC. It was not a step I took lightly, for many months I hung in there, auto joining VC always hoping for the best, that I would have team mates who are constructive, positive, mature and use VC to coordinate and increase the team’s effectiveness. Unfortunately what I instead found, again and again, were people yelling and cursing at their team mates, mocking them, blaming them for their own mistakes, trying to dictate what hero other players should use (!), as well as people playing music, babbling incoherently, or producing various sounds with their body.

And I know you could say, just mute them or leave voice if that happens. But the thing is, at that point the damage is already done. Getting told I fing suck and should uninstall by some obnoxious teenager just for playing Orisa kind of ruins my mood, or at least my motivation and enjoyment of that match. I play games to have fun, not to get yelled and raged at by crazy people on the Internet for no (good) reason. And since, as I said, these situations are not the exception but rather the rule, I’ve found in the long run it’s better if I just not give them the opportunity to do that in the first place.

It’s sad that this is necessary, and it’s unfortunate that now I also miss out on those rare unicorns that actually do use VC as it was intended, to relay vital information and socialize a bit with their team mates too, without getting hostile or aggressive or insulting even if our team starts losing. But it’s a small price to pay to be blissfully unaware of the people going “OMG SOMBRA IS DOING NOTHING! SOMBRA SWITCH! REPORT SOMBRA PLZ!”

4 Likes

This!

15 characters.

Coughs in voice chat
Coughs in voice chat again
sorry guys I have a cough. :slight_smile:

What kind of sociopath insults you because you are a woman on voice? Or a kid? Or just when you get headshot by hanzo? Or because you commit one single error on the match and then everyone proceeds to blame you calling you slurs? No thanks. Im much better since i silenced chat

5 Likes

I fixed that for you.

Interesting I’ll watch that vid.

Reminds me of (I think) a reddit thread about the amount of people talking vs how many games they won and even if it was a low dataset it clearly showed that more people talking=more wins.

One solution would be that you autojoin VC but you can still mute people. But then we get the problem that everyone will assume you’re hearing what they’re saying and we have another problem.

Edit: watched the clip. It’s true if more people talk it’s more likely that you’ll win but you’d probably still win if you weren’t in vc.

1 Like