Black Screen Mid Game

I took 3 months off all gaming to focus on a Business takeover. (It is going quite well) So now I have more free time again.

Came back 2 days ago and I keep getting “The black Screen” mid game that many others have reported. It starts off pixilating the screen, then envelopes all. (At times it is teal in colour and translucent. This causes blue to be white for ex.). The HUD is normal colour. I can still see outlines of Blue (team) and Red (enemy) players. I still have full audio. I get death cams normal.

I have not found one solution amongst hours of browsing OW forums / tech forums, online videos nor any other means.

If OW doesn’t want me to play then so be it. NO OTHER GAME promotes this issue. A solution would be appreciated, else I will be forced to drop OW for another title.

Based on the description, this sounds like Graphic Card artifacts. Meaning your graphics card is failing to render the game environment correctly. Overheating is the most common cause of this problem:

Otherwise, we will need to see a DxDiag file for details about your system:

1. Press Windows Key + R.
  2. Type DxDiag and press Enter.
  3. In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
  4. Name the file “dxdiag” and click Save.
  5. Open the file in Windows Notepad, then press Ctrl+A to select all text, then Ctrl+C to copy all text to the clipboard.
  6. Start a new reply, and type two sets of four squiggly lines and then place the cursor in between and press Ctrl+V to paste the Contents in a code block. Example:

~~~~
Paste your DxDiag File Here
~~~~

This sounds like an overheating issue. When you start seeing artifacting (pixelating) and color changes that affect the entire screen, it’s usually hardware related. It can also be a cable, but you said it doesn’t happen in other games. I highly recommend checking your GPU temp when you have Overwatch loaded.