Black bars in 3440x1440 - 21:9 - Ultrawide

hellloooooo??? someone fixing this stuff or not?

Nobody home… :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage:

So the Diablo team somehow managed to have the proper aspect ratio for D4 Beta but the Overwatch team still can’t fix the aspect ratio after it being released for over 5 months?

Yeah they really have some talent there…

New hero suggestion.

Ratio:
Primary Fire: Response Time
• 20 damage, also increases enemy cooldown timers.
Secondary Fire: Aspect
• 75 damage, 10 second CD, Causes enemies hit by attack to use 4:3 for 5 seconds.
E: Monitor
• Scans the area to monitor enemy health.
Q: Ultra Wide
• 0 second CD, Permanently gives you 21:9 aspect ratio on your account.

I will continually become more sarcastic and passive aggressive as time goes on with my bumps from here on out until this problem is acknowledged by the wonderful people at Blizzard.

Aaaand again, no fix. Aaand again derank for whole division…

It looks like the forum moderators have closed the other main thread: Overwatch 2 not supporting true ultrawide 21:9. We need to keep this thread bumped up until the Devs fix this issue.

1 Like

Blizz? Hello? Anybody home? :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

This has been going on for months now… Really there’s no one at blizzard that can review this and fix it? Crazy how fast this company has gone under.

I just opened a new bug report thread. We have the root of the problem, and the potential solution. Now it’s just a matter of whether Blizz staff will pass along the suggestion or not.

And the fix seems simple: Change the 21:9 aspect ratio to 21.5:9 (as nobody actually uses the real 21:9 ratio. You can’t get a monitor with that ratio afaik, but the game locks it as standard probably because it’s used in marketing since its easier to say 21:9, than 21.5:9).

1 Like

I always thought this was done for balance reasons as people with wider or ultra wide monitors would have more visibility than the majority of players.

Ahh, yes… Another week and still not fixed but we got new bundles to buy!

That has nothing to do with it, they changed it in OW2 so it’s supposed to be true Ultrawide vision without cropped image - but they have the aspect ratio wrong so there are black bars on the side as a result.

It used to be that way in OW1, I’m not sure if they officially stated whether it was done for balance reasons, or simply as a technical limitation they didn’t want to spend resources on fixing, but yes back then ultrawide was essentially a 16:9 ratio that got its top and bottom cropped out.

Blizz? Hello? Anybody home? :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

wake up wake up wake up wake up

Esperança

• Replaced the indestructible vase in the spawn rooms to a regular ceramic vase that can shatter. Please break them at your own will.

Rly?

its time we get some proper AI to replace developers at Blizz because they can’t get shiwt done!

wake up wake up wake up wake up

at least fix your damn game if you lied to us with pve :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: that’s a scam, you know? to sell game and promise pve and then cancel it

Wow did not realize they were this 8up; dealbreaker; uninstalling the game. Going to Apex Legends or Fortnite instead where ultrawide is properly supported.