Big SR loss after server crash?

Played a match, started rubber-banding, about half the players got kicked. Waited a while then played a new match, everything was fine, and about the last few minutes I started rubber-banding again and this time I was kicked. Relaunched Overwatch and saw I had a -50 SR… why??? Asking for devs to please address the issue and reimburse my SR. I don’t find it fair to work for my SR only to lose it to Blizzard’s own server stability issues. Thanks.

2 Likes

Unfortunately all disconnections and game crashes counts as leaving the match and will be penalized appropriately. The game server has no way to discern a legitimate disconnection or game crash from one that is forcefully caused by a dishonest player to bypass leaver penalties. You can learn about this policy here:

Remember if you see the message, "Lost Connection to the Server" in the title screen or the message “Failed to Connect to Server” in red text in the text chat box, this means there is something that disrupted your connection to the game server and not a problem with the game server itself. There can be a variety of reasons this happens including those that don’t disconnect your computer from the Internet. There is great troubleshooting to start with that can most likely resolve most issues and I encourage you to check them out here:

As always if nothing in that guide works, please reply saying you completed these steps and additional advice can be provided. Good luck!

(^^)v

Think the problem is more on the servers end since it has been happening to multiple people and full groups are being disconnected during and before a game starts. For myself it happened twice today back to back, though no SR loss was made (or as so it seems). I was disconnected from the Overwatch servers and reconnected to the title page seconds later with no indication that the match actually started (no “rejoin match” button) with others reporting that they get disconnected but group are still intact or they completely disband. All around confusing and random between players.

2 Likes

same problem was happening to me over the weekend. been mostly Boston area that been getting the lagspike then disconect, so stupid that people are getting suspended for this.

1 Like

Your issue is related to known connection issues that Verizon FiOS and other related ISPs in your area are working to resolve last weekend. I have no news if this has been resolved, but I suggest avoid competitive play if disconnections are still persistent.