Big FPS drop after update supposed to improve performance on old hardware

Last time i logged in I saw update pop up msg stating that ‘‘performance upgrade for older hardware’’ or something like that popped up.
When I opened up the game not even Menu screen ( rehashed totally same ) from last year works with over 35 fps
In game I drop to 25 ~ 30 fps for no apparent reason and I used to have ~70 fps.
In training room my fps would range from 90 ~ 120 fps but now it is ~50.

Just stop (((developing))) game at all, not that there is no new content or even effort to change login screen from last year event but actually ruining performance for players.

I think that patch for old hardware should be reverted as fast as possible, I’ve never experienced this much issues with no trace of reason in any game thus far.

Thanks

1 Like

I believe you refer to the emergency patch that was to correct a bug that prevents systems that were not officially supported for Overwatch (but could technically run Overwatch). Details here in these patch notes.

I suggest that you take a look at my guide which helps anyone improve their system performance for Overwatch if you have not done so already:

Thanks but this reply does not help me since everything is already maximized for performance in my case, there is no how to go lower, problem is within their optimization, it used to work well now it does not

Well, I myself have had times when I had FPS drops, but more often than not I resolved them by updating drivers, reinstalling the game, etc. Now if you are willing to provide details about your computer (such as providing a DxDiag file), I might be able to provide additional advice. However the truth is a high majority of the player base plays with the game fine. Yes there are users who do post here with the same issues as yourself, but it is still important to troubleshoot such issues on a individual basis.

===Pasting a DxDiag File===

1. Press Windows Key + R.
  2. Type DxDiag and press Enter.
  3. In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
  4. Name the file “dxdiag” and click Save.
  5. Open the file in Windows Notepad, then press Ctrl+A to select all text, then Ctrl+C to copy all text to the clipboard.
  6. Start a new reply, and type two sets of four squiggly lines and then place the cursor in between and press Ctrl+V to paste the Contents in a code block. Example:

~~~~
Paste your DxDiag File Here
~~~~

It is honestly unacceptable that this person’s issue has not yet been resolved

B

L

I

Z

Z

A

R

D

2 Likes

I too am having an fps droprate. i lowered all my settings and it hasnt helped since last update. i go from 200 fps easy to 40-120.

Hey, Vailble!

Please make your own thread with your DXDIAG and we can take a look.

Locking this thread as it is older.