Bi characters when?

Technically, Widowmaker is only wearing magenta and maybe purple- her skin is blue, and that’s not a clothing choice, so it doesn’t count. Again, this was just a silly headcanon with Sombra- there’s no actual heavy lore backing it up.

Also, purple isn’t the main sinch on that- a lot of characters wear purple. Magenta, purple AND blue make up the bi flag, and Sombra’s outfit (unlike those other characters) contain all three of those colors in the right sequence on her arms and legs. I highly doubt it’s intentional, but it’s fun and generally harmless to think about. Other characters in LGBTQ friendly media, like Glimmer from She-Ra’s recent reboot, have about the same color combo, so stuff, especially headcanons, like this aren’t without precedent in the slightest.

I mean, people have explicitly told me that they bought Hangzhou or Florida v2 skins for the pride flag colors specifically. More people than you’d think.

If substantial numbers of people bought the Florida v1 and Shanghai Dragons skins purely because they wanted to play McCree with a McDonald’s color scheme, it’s far from out of the question that LGBTQ people would want to deliberately code their identity through (otherwise unrelated) cosmetic items.

“LGBTQ+ people” is what I think you meant. Don’t talk crap when you don’t know what you are talking about anyways. I can tell you are rather young and likely rather new to the whole Pride Community thing.

But don’t play social justice warrior if you aren’t mature enough to realize that people disagreeing with a statement about a video game involving LGBTQ+ topics, doesn’t mean they hate the LGBTQ+.

It’s a rather weak argument if you want to assume disagreement equals hate. Learn the topic before you start jumping into debates. Some are saying it’s not necessary and others are nitpicking about the topic, but that doesn’t mean they have a problem with the LGBTQ+. Some of them may, but not all of them do just because they disagree with your statement.

Overwatch is a video game about war and conquest, not a dating sim. So topics like these are undoubtedly not really needed, however doesn’t mean people can’t discuss it since Overwatch does try to cater to various different groups and of these groups includes the LGBTQ+ since two characters in the game have been outed as Homosexuals. And Zarya is quite “butch” in her behavior and aesthetic.

Though this was rather harsh it is true. Just because someone wears a certain color, doesn’t mean it’s about their sexuality or LGBTQ+ status. I am a part of the LGBTQ+, but I don’t wear rainbows, I wear black and gray. If you are going to use the argument about what color a character wears as a way to prove their LGBTQ+ status, you are barking up a tree that doesn’t exist and trying to say it’s right in front of you like a delusional chihuahua.

To be fair, it was story driven, if he whipped out a picture of is ex girlfriend, nobody would have bat an eye.
Disclaimer: I haven’t read that story, so i can’t judge on weather it was out of place, forced, organic or well written. But I am kinda tired of people being (not talking about you) suspicious of gay characters in the sense of: is he really, or are you just doing this for points? Like it really needs to be out of place for me to accuse them of grabbing points.

I also despise how all news outlines write “Soldier revealed gay” instead of “Soldiers ex-partner revealed”

4 Likes

It would have been just as bad or even considered creepy if it was a girl. It was a picture of someone he broke up with 30 years prior.

3 Likes

Did the person die? Cuz unless that person had a tragic death, it is creepy.

I feel like everyone is wildly overestimating how serious I am about this. I though the hyperbole of the “one headcanon I’d ABSOLUTELY die on the hill of” was pretty obvious. It’s not essential that others view Sombra as bisexual, I just enjoy it and simply have no other headcanons to die on.

I wear pretty heavy amounts of black too- I’m just some hair dye away from gothabilly. But I have EXPLICITLY had people told me that they wear Hangzhou Spark skins for the trans colors, or Florida v2 for the bi colors, in much the same way that people tell me they wear Shanghai or Florida v1 for the McDonald’s colors or Toronto for the gamer chair colors. I’m not bent on projecting on these people, these are just things that humans do with color association. Many animators are constantly sneaking pride flags into backgrounds and outfits, and I’m one of them. It’s not nearly as uncommon or embarassing as people think it is.

Nope. He moved on and got married to someone else.

3 Likes

She can’t even sit properly what do you expect :man_shrugging:

my headcanon is that she is aro/ace :))

also dont understand why people get upset when the story section is used to discuss heroes’ sexualities?

1 Like

Personally, I’ve always seen Sym as a lesbian.

My sexuality is screaming into the void, but these are who I see as bi:

-Mei
-Junkrat
-McCree
-Mercy
-Torb

I’m sure there are others, but those come to mind right off the bat.

People get upset when people use the story section to talk about thing unrelated to the story with 0 meaning behind it. For example:

There is less than nothing to suggest any of these characters are bi.

1 Like

Because lgbt people need some kind of tell that they’re gay otherwise they’re not REALLY gay right?

1 Like

I’m not really sure why you decided to use my post to be rude. Those are my headcannons, and I’m allowed to have them. If you don’t like them, that’s fine. But you don’t have to be rude about it. And I’m not really sure why you quoted my post, when OP literally did the same thing. That’s what this board is about my dude.

It’s me. I’m suggesting it.

2 Likes

I see her as ace for sure, but she likes pretty ladies.

Some people just want something to scream at (or they’re trolls)>

1 Like

So that’s literally what this board is for

“This forum empowers our community members to speculate, theorycraft, discuss, and dissect elements of the current and progressing Overwatch story.”

" The Overwatch forums are for discussion of topics directly related to Overwatch."

Just because you don’t like it, that doesn’t mean we can’t post about it.

2 Likes

Headcanons fall under the umbrella of “fan-made fiction”.

3 Likes

Speculation and theories.
It’s my theory that those characters are a certain way.
I like the way headcannon sounds better.

Its a theory with no root in the lore. There is nothing in the story to suggest that Junkrat is bi, for example. There is just as much nothing to suggest he is straight as well. Its a baseless comment rooted in nothing, and, as already stated, falls under the umbrella of fan-made fiction. Not story.

3 Likes

Different interpretations of the story exist.
Different people can look at the same story, lore, etc and come away with just as many interpretations of it.

I’m not really sure why you’re so bothered by it.

1 Like

Are you going around saying this on all the boards like this? Where people are talking about things that aren’t 100% proven beyond their interpretations? Or is it just this one?

1 Like