Bi characters when?

Yes yes I know, not another lgbt thread but it’s been nearly 5 years now and Blizz has only tossed a bone to gay men and lesbians and left bisexuals and trans people with nothing but our headcanons to make do, and considering the most common sexuality of the LGBT community is bisexual it’s a little disappointing Blizz has given us sweet nothing for so long

With that in mind, I made a list of all the heroes who give me the strongest bi vibes, as a bisexual myself, just in case Blizzard needs any ideas from a bisexual person when they finally get around to it:

Ana
Brigitte
D.va
Genji
McCree
Mercy
Sombra
Symmetra
Widowmaker

And if anyone here gets confirmed at a later date I’m counting this as me totally calling it

1 Like

whats the point of this thread? Im bi aswell, but this is pretty unnecessary.

24 Likes

Given that it does not matter in what proportion there are people with one certain sexual choice, I disagree with this statement. OW can boast of many types of inclusiveness, but without having to forcibly list them all as soon as possible in every single hero. and I think they recently discussed “transgender” with Iggy’s friends who have typically male connotations.

I do not rule out that in the future we will have further revelations about the sexual preferences of the other heroes. but I think that in order to talk about it, a narrative reason must be involved to know the context of a hero. tracer is the natural realization of a love story, soldier showed a background that makes his story more tragic (very sad that most of the community has only seen the word “gay” instead of a plausible love story gone wrong, but representative of what direction life made of prejudices can take. and soldier knows this well with the complaints on OW based on the actions of blackwatch), Iggy’s friends deal with sexual identification through mechanical subjects who do no wrong to the type of conversion received : as male or female or vice versa, how can you decide on robot sexuality subjects? it’s very interesting as a fiction in my opinion.

the revelation of personal tastes must be justified by narrative or other choices. I wouldn’t care at all to know all the favorite foods of every single hero if that doesn’t help to tell me something about the character in the story. but I agree to know in the cookbook, where there are recipes inspired by the heroes. if someday they write me the kamasutra according to ow, I will probably be interested in having a complete list of each hero’s sexuality, but I doubt we will touch this editorial department xD

anyway, happy to be surprised one day by a hero’s bisexual revelation :slight_smile:

Who knows who cares. Prob ow2. I’m more interested for them adding trans heroes ngl. But it’d be nice to have bi representation.

1 Like

No Pharah, Hanzo or Moira? :wink:

1 Like

I don’t wanna stereotype but there’s no way Sombra isn’t bi with that hairstyle.

3 Likes

Waittt people think brig is bi? Lmao

Well, if she follows Major Motoko Kusanagi (Ghost in the Shell) … :grin:

This entire list looks like a meaningless pool of stereotyping. Especially Ana/Widowmaker, whose romantic subplots are more or less closed. They might as well be straight.

4 Likes

Baptiste? He has multiple voice lines that are thinly designed flirts, was called a heartbreaker by Mauga, and he got a mistletoe emote this year too.

How did you put Genji up there and not Baptiste?

2 Likes

Ana is married tho and has a child. She’s confirmed to be straight.

1 Like

Perhaps you’re right…

You do realise that you be married and have a kid and still be bisexual right?

6 Likes

Maybe. But she’s confirmed to be straight.
Unless they retcon her and make her bi. Idk.

1 Like

Nobody in the game has been confirmed as straight. The only confirmed sexualities are Tracer (lesbian) and Soldier (gay).

8 Likes

Sir I am a bisexual.

1 Like

That’s not an excuse to make a meaningless list based on stereotyping.

5 Likes

Please enlighten me what stereotypes you think I’m touching on here because I genuinely dont understand what you’re talking about

2 Likes

Can we keep this one as is?
ty blizzard

You said it yourself.

1 Like

Source ?

If I’m gonna try and call one.