Betting Genji OWL Festival skin leak was on purpose

If we follow the hype schedule I made yesterday

I just forgot about OWL skin because I don’t care about OWL.

So that’s Genji skin to get some attention though the Labor Day weekend.

Then this Tuesday will the release of that skin.

Then Thursday I guess will be a the Fox girl “leak” (likely unnamed revealing one ability)

Then on the 12-13, we will likely see some actual teases.

Then full reveal on the 15th.

With then 19-20 days left to rain new OW2 ads everywhere.

edit: 6 hours ago in case you missed it

Doubt, we already had some hype for the pre-release download. We knew something was coming Tuesday. I don’t see why we had to know it’s a Genji skin, especially when many players will just complain about the popular heroes getting new skins.

Yeah, I’m worried there’s gonna be basically zero hype besides maybe a Fox Girl lore/gameplay trailer drop a few days before October 4th.

Granted, I’m also worried that this is the best strategy, as there’s probably no point in getting people to play Overwatch 1. Since Overwatch 1’s current sad state might sour their perception of Overwatch 2.

It happened with the last 2 OWL skins too.

1 Like

If they actually implement that ExC they released a while back, OW1 might feel a bit better to play. Dunno why they haven’t done that yet.

1 Like

Well, there is a point of maybe that would push the “OW2 is just a big patch” perception.

Also if the Support reworks are part of the “Support Role Hype” they will need for the first 2 weeks of launch.

Might not be the best to reveal those ahead of time?

But that could be solved by basically making it into Beta #2 stuff, only. Minus the new content.

Tbh I really don’t know where their thought process is at currently.

1 Like

It’s basically to get OW2 into our heads, even though we are likely not gonna to play it this labor day weekend.

So we remember about OW2 “better” when the ads hit.

Although they could use Experimental #3, to balance out the Support reworks ahead of time. Since they aren’t having Beta #3.

With a decent justification on why OW1 wouldn’t have Fox Girl.

How they gives out ads in this last month will likely be the most important.

They aren’t gonna get new players, if they just talk in the distant background.

They need to be really “flashy” this month, if OW2 is gonna do well for the future.

1 Like

Next week has a holiday and is still a bit early for any big reveal related to the new hero

I bet they will do it in sometime between the 12th-23rd this month

That’s why I am saying it will like another leak like we saw with Junkerqueen.

But likely smaller and “more controlled”

:face_with_monocle: Looking at Craig…

Well, on the 14th is when they open all of your unopened lootboxes, and OW1 will no longer have any lootboxes.

What Genji skin leak?

1 Like

6 hours ago

1 Like

They are not going to reveal KFG any sooner than the weekend before OW2 launches.

1 Like

And not use her as an advertise opportunity

Doesn’t sound like Blizz

It sounds exactly like Blizz. They don’t advertise well for any of their games.

When OW first came out it had an aggressive marketing campaign, every video had an advertisement, and it was even on most tv channels and shows. Where is that same campaign for OW2?

It doesn’t exist.

Plus if they revealed the new hero too early, then no one would care about launch day at all.

More likely they haven’t started yet.

We already seen hints of an aggressive marketing campaign when Junkerqueen came out and when they first started to reveal OW2 with Soujorn reveal.

It likely will be the same with Fox Girl…

It’s just too early now. (That’s why I keep pointing to the 15th)

I’m just waiting on the Sojourn animated short that was already in the works.

Alot is in “the works”

We saw PvE footage too in the same video.

Plus you know there is gonna be Halloween stuff.

We will just have to see where they start.

But if it is yours first for the advertising… story making wise… That dog isn’t gonna make it.