Better ping on a significantly further-away server - US East servers broken?

I’m in the eastern US. Ordinarily I get about 30 ping to ORD1, my usual server.
Since the patch I’m getting 75-90 ping (intermittent) with frequent packet drops.

On the other hand, when I occasionally get placed in US west games (the LAX1 server) I get 70 ping, same as I have always gotten, with no packet loss. There seems to be a problem with US East servers after this patch.

The responsible server according to WinMTR is ae1-br01-eqat2.as57976 .net

Can you provide those WinMTR results here? The Blizzard servers are configured to ignore most ping tests, like a WinMTR. In other words, the high ping on that hop is likely non-existent.

Not pasting the MTR results including local hops to here. The only anomaly was the server I included in the OP. If it was rejecting pings I would expect the server to simply not resolve, not respond to pings normally but with spikes to 100+. Anyway it sounds like you’re saying any instance of a Blizzard server taking its time with packets in a WinMTR test will be written off, so I don’t see the point of posting the WinMTR results anyway.

You can mask the first few hostnames, other data does not offer any identifiable information.

That would be convenient, but that’s not how a WinMTR always reports it. It’s old technology that hasn’t been updated in over 10 years.