BETA COMP SR and SEASON 18

I am curious. Was there any confirmation from Blizzard whether or not placements during BETA will in any way shape or form affect placements once the actual season starts? As is, people are trying out new hero and match quality is a bit wonky. Not sure how they can get actual worthwhile data from this.

1 Like

I’m curious about this too. I lost 300SR with the placements yesterday and, honestly, I really try hard to be where I was.
I hope the beta will not affect next season.

3 Likes

If I’m not mistaken (I may very well be), one mod confirmed this Beta season won’t affect your SR next season at all.

1 Like

Im in the same situation kinnda not funny to play with guys that came back from 6 month+ break to try 222 and ruin my efforts

Some says that they collect data from last 6 month to help their new system so i guess it will be used… kindda disapointing. Not sure if the smooth reset at the new season is real either

1 Like

I think it’s a good thing that people are returning though. I logged in yesterday, and I can’t remember the last time (event or no) when my friend list was lit so much. People that haven’t logged in actual months were online.

Jeff himself stated that they have been collecting data even before PTR started when he first announced 2-2-2 and warned people that their placements at certain roles might not be what they expect. He was surprised at his own placement.

Update, found a relevant post. Linking it here for posterity if anyone comes looking.

1 Like

It still didn’t confirm if the SR gained or lost during beta season will count or not when you place on S18…

1 Like

Actually, it did. While it’s not specifically, it’s so heavily implied that

2 Likes

Yes it really seems it does. But still I’m more confident if it’s clearly specified. :slight_smile: