Best DPI for mouse

What DPI would you recommend for keyboard and mouse players? I have a Glorious PC Master Race Model O and if I play Fortnite, Its usually left blue. Does certain sensitivity only matter with certain heroes?

1 Like

High DPI on your mouse, with lower sensitivity in game. When a mouse has higher DPI, it does more polling.

I use 1600 dpi with 2.715 sensitivity for an edpi of 4,344.

1 Like

This right here.

Your mouse’s polling rate (likely 1K for yours, OP) is essentially its max refresh rate. It’s not always running at 1K. It only hits that max when it needs to, i.e. when it’s capturing 1K counts per second and therefore needs to transmit at a frequency of 1K per second.

By using high DPI, you force the mouse to capture data at a higher frequency, thereby forcing it to transmit at its highest frequency. This is called saturating the polling rate. If you can keep it pinned at 1K (or whatever its max is), it should result in a more stable and consistent mousefeel.

I also use 1600. Some industry experts believe 1600+ will be the esports standard within a few years.

1 Like

Between 800,1600, or 3200. No real major advantage going lower or higher than these. A very minor improvement to latency at 3200 as compared with 800.

Here is a decent explanation:

2 Likes

1600 DPI is what I use, and its pretty solid from my experience. Try that and see how it goes.

I started with 1000 DPI on my mouse and 7 sensitivity.
As the year passed i was always curious and experimenting with DPI and different sensitivity i went to a range from 1000 Dpi all the way to 3200.

But currently the sweet spot for me is 850 DPI and 5.51 Sensitivity.
I would say try experiment with it and dont just write down any sensitivity that someone tells you.

Think it like this a mouse is like a pen if you dont grab your mouse properly and move it around in the correct speed you need how in the world are you gonna aim with it? {Get my saying?}

Also lots of pros even go all the way from 800 Dpi all the way to 4000DPI so just follow your instict but dont stick to something that feels comfortable enough and not being able to controll your mouse.

Go with something that you can really controll and with practise you will get there hitting those sweet flicks and crazy shots.

Regarding different sens for different heroes, generally low/no aim heroes are played with higher sensitivity so they can more easily react to stuff (and for Reinhardt, so you can use his persistent hitbox to cover more area)

Genji and Tracer players also typically have high sens so they can 180 more easily.

Be me and go 48k edpi.

Gotta go fast.

2 Likes

I use 1600. If I go any higher it feels too slippery if that makes sense.

there is no way you spanked me in QP the other day with 48k :frowning:

my ego can’t take this.

Oh cool. I like when I run into people on the forums lol.

Yeah 4K dpi 12 in game.
It sounds crazy but I actually used to use even higher sens

1 Like

:slight_smile:

honestly if it works it is the right play. I can respect that.

i just wasnt expecting to hear lol

lol u can 360 dm everything at that speed

1 Like

Can i actually have a code of one of your games? I dont care if its QP or COMP im just geniune curious. Cause thats some crazy speed.

Yeah let me find a good one.

So we got any codes? :confused:

As high as your game sens can allow I guess. It will be probly arround 6-8000.

Sorry just got back home from vacation over the weekend so it’ll be a little while.

Oh thats fine dude. Hopefully your vacation was nice though :smiley:

Alright, didn’t have any games from a few days ago so played these just for you lol.

DJHCON

46SCFP

First one was a bit rough but the second was pretty good. Felt I had good aim on these too. Recommend the second.

2 Likes