Best balance in a long time?

I’m really happy where almost everything is at. We got a torb rework on the way. The throw turret thing sounds great so I’m excited for that also. The devs did really good in this last patch. It was perfect

Roadhog isn’t very good unless he’s paired with an Orisa, or he acts as a pseudo-flanker on certain points like Junkertown. But he does has a specific role, so he’s not ‘trash’

Reinhardt is still very good and many good Reins have developed counterplay to CC like Doomfist, Brigitte (especially) and Junkrat.

I’m not sure about Sombra yet. I’ve been playing her a lot of my alt account, and she seems to perform decently. I don’t think that she’s ‘strong’ or ‘meta’ per se, but she’s not that bad. Hacks provides a lot of good utility to the hero, and her damage is enough to one-clip most 200hp heroes (unless they get healed).

1 Like

His primary fire is the slowest in the game and is now closer to the size of a genji shuriken than a pharah rocket.
His mine doesnt do 120 damage unless it is physically touching the enemy.
He is in a bad spot right now.
Hanzo does his job 120% better 100% of the time. He may do good on certain maps, but hanzo is always a better pick right now.

The main problem is that hanzo is the tank-killer/spammer in the current meta.

Junkrat charges the enemy Zarya like crazy, is a worse duelist and cannot one-shot <250hp heroes.

hanzo is always a better pick right now.

True 90% of the time, but I’d argue that he’s better against GOATs and on certain points like Kings Row Point A (Defense).

Bastion still sucks
Torb still sucks
Sombra kind of sucks(?)
Hanzo is considered OP
A good Widow is basically an automatic win
Rein has a bunch of bugs

There are a lot of issues.

2 Likes

I think this would fix most the issues.

Stuff grey is thinking about

We’re still saying Rein is unplayable?

I am. Meta or not, I’m not playing that dumpster fire.

Rein isn’t that buggy. The bugs are annoying, but not a major problem tbh.

Calling Soldier 76 “playable” might be a bit of a stretch on many tiers, but overall I’m inclined to agree that balance is the best it’s been in some time.

It seems like Blizzard knew what they were doing…

Edit : despite what the hive was thinking

Edit2 : what is GOAT comp ?

1 Like

Triple tank (usually Rein + Zarya + D.Va/Roadhog) + Moira/Lucio/Brigitte.

You have a ton of health, close-range dps, AOE healing and speedboost to engage. You speedboost onto somebody, shield bash them, then snowball the point. The only real weaknesses are a lot of high ground, no long range damage, their close grouping and no sustained healing (after Moira runs out of heals + coal is over).

It’s probably the best pubstomping comp out there. It takes a lot of coordination to overcome it, and it’s a very, very, very hard counter to certain heroes like Genji, who is also popular in soloQ.

2 Likes

Not just the bugs. All this cc isn’t worth playing into and the he gets melted so easily.

still need to nerf hanzo, I say remove headshot capability from storm arrow

1 Like

Junkrats viable…below my rank XD

#Bringbackyear1junkexceptforTire

Or you could just play Hanzo. And do everything Cree can do but with better results and less effort, with a much larger margin for error. McCree is “meh” as he has always been.

Every update slowly makes him weaker and it won’t be long til he starts needing worthwhile buffs instead of all these bandaid one’s he’s getting in order to appease the people who play him. His kit is still filled with awkward delays and inconsistencies which means he can’t truly perform any specific role other than burst damage. He’s an okay tank buster, but only when he’s already in a favourable position. He can deal with flankers, assuming his flashbang lands consistently and he can hit his shots. He can challenge the snipers, kind of, but he still is completely outclassed by even Hanzo at a longer range.
Can we at least ditch the delay at the end of the flashbang, the one where it just kinda floats for a bit after reaching its full range?

And then there’s the mess that is Hanzo…

Hanzo and Brigitte are still ruining the game and Widow is deciding games still.

If brigitte got removed this game balance would be 10/10
now it’s like 3/10 i’d say.

Yep, everything is gucci. They just need to fix Symmetra, Torb, Bastion and we are gonna be playing the best OW experience in like forever. Seriously, happy with the support changes, particularly the buff to other supports and the nerf to Mercy.

Blizzard is definitely balancing in the right direction. So good job to them.