Being put in wrong region while launching through OW.exe

Hello,

I am used to launch the game through the installation folder since it is way faster to launch than going through bnet, and it avoid me the “rendering device has been lost” bug.
Recently I formatted the PC, clean windows install etc, and now whenever I launch the game, I get put in the NA region instead of the EU.

I know that going through bnet would solve it, but it really is boring since it is slow as heck.
I’ve seen in settings_v0.ini something called “environment” but I don’t know if this has to do with the region.

I also installed windows in US_ENG instead of FR_FR.

I have no idea what to do, the 300 ping is really annoying as well.

Hey Beybarro,

I’m afraid we don’t support launching the game directly through the .exe so I don’t have a good fix for this.

Have you tried opening the Battle.net app, switching the Region to Europe, and then hitting Play once and logging in to see if that gets to to switch when using the .exe to launch? That would be my suggestion to see if it sticks.

If I launch with bnet and select EU, well yes I am in EU, but if I go back to .exe, I get back into NA

Edit : nevermind, in don’t get back to NA, I logged into EU through bnet and got EU after closing and launching with .exe
I guess overwatch keep in mind the last region I was connected to and since I played on PTR, it was NA