Being perma banned from comp

You can totally have another chance, getting banned is like getting fined.

Now you just need to pay the fine which will be 40 bucks

17 Likes

The whole point of the ban is to make you unable to harm others. It is deserved and should not be evaded or removed. Try to learn from it.

6 Likes

If its a seasonal ban (just banned for this season), the next one you will be able to play comp again. If its truly a perma ban you’ve got, no. It is like a diamond, it is forever. Buying a new account will do the trick, but you will start from zero of course.

4 Likes

season ban or permanent ban

I say make lemonade man. Rejoice that you don’t have to be a part of the crappy matchmaking anymore with forced losses.

6 Likes

For those asking, here is simulated images from my Competitive F.A.Q. guide to telling if you are permanently banned or if it is seasonal:

Example of a seaonal ban from Competitive Play
Example of a seasonal ban from Competitive Play looks like (simulated image)

Example of a permanent ban from Competitive Play
Example of a permanent ban from Competitive Play looks like (simulated image)

2 Likes

Perminent ban, unfortunately

1 Like

First person I’ve seen post that they have been permanently banned. Maybe reports do something at last.

2 Likes

Perm ban? I feel like OP is downplaying what he was doing…

If you still want to play the game, buy it again, and behave yourself this time. Hope you didn’t spend a bunch on lootboxes.

3 Likes

It takes 3 season bans to reach a permaban, or a violation so severe that it is beyond mentioning.

Why you lie and make it seem like a silly thing. You either are a racist homophobic sexist mofo or you have been banned multiple times already and had multiple chances. At this point unbanning you would undermine the reason for it to become perminent.

3 Likes

google… you can read about many more permabans from various sources. Videos, reddit posts, lots of confirmation that people are being banned and even for good.

You know every action has consequences. Should’ve thought at all of this before acting like an idiot. Looks like you gonna have to buy another account now ¯_(ツ)_/¯

3 Likes

you are a potato and i dont think your really telling the Whole story of what you did to be perma banned but i know that there is a 99% chance you deserve it. im suprised you dont seem the least bit on edge about what you did. you show that you know you messed up but that isnt an excuse you ruinded the game for several people. alot of people use OW to escape the BS of the World and then they have to deal with people like you. you dont deserve a second chance in my opinion. not even by buying a new acount

4 Likes

Glad you are banned. People like you deserve it.

12 Likes

Please don’t buy another Overwatch. If you have anger issues, go get help from a professional first. You don’t have to ruin the game for others.

6 Likes

If it’s for leaving and it’s genuine, I don’t think the punishment fits the crime - especially if they’re taking previous seasons in to account. If it’s a deterrent, it’s not exactly fair to permaban w/o a decent heads up imo. Additionally, for the people who actually are out to exploit… what’s $40?

1 Like

Hi so idk why but I got banned from the full season because network lag kept on kicking me out so now I’m banned so is there any chance I can get unbanned?

1 Like

is it possible to be perma banned from leaving a game. cos my game crashes now and again and i’ve just gotten an 8 hour ban, so will that turn into a seasonal then perma ban?

8 hour ban doesn’t mean now and again. Take a break before you get a seasonal ban. And fix why it’s crashing.

1 Like

now if only these kind of bans actually happened

but wait they don’t just abusive chat bans happen to off meta players
or players that were actually trying

big problem in this community is lack punishments

soft throwers everywhere
and the moment u ask for help or a swap or anything the dreaded “toxic” word is uttered

this is why the game is in such a poor state

why put time into what seems to be a toxic cesspool

1 Like