Before You Even Say It

Everyone got their tinfoil hats on?

new blizzard controversy → new gay character reveal. yes they definetely care about it LMAO

Pride events are fine.

Blizzards coincidental cycle of “uh… sorry” followed by “Lookit the INCLUSIVE THING WE DID!” is pretty dang suspicious.

So are they doing it on purpose or does the company just do crappy things THAT REGULARLY?

Y’all’s call.

4 Likes

Baptiste was proven bisexual before the controversy when LW was announced through their dialogue interaction. There’s no “release” of a new gay character.

they couldve made it clear from the start. all these hints only to have oppurtunity to say it loud and proud when team in real need of quick reputation boost//

2 Likes

It’s always this “damned if they do, damned if they don’t nonsense.”

Whenever a company outright releases a character and openly states their sexuality from the jump, it’s “pandering” like with Apex Legends or in a smaller case Lifeweaver.

But whenever they introduce the character first and have their sexuality come out later, it’s “They were waiting because of backlash”

Whether it is, or isn’t the case, messages like this only make it harder for LGBTQ characters to get their sexuality revealed at all.

4 Likes

Nobody says that about anyone except for Blizzard. I do not believe other companies use this strategy as religiously.

1 Like

They’re faking.
Don’t buy coins because there’s a rainbow you can turn off.

There’s no coins to buy. Nothing in the event is purchaseable, everything else is free and included.

The only thing monetized is the shirts, which goes directly to helping part of the community this event is about.

Blizzard has lost my faith in them what little I did have. So I don’t plan on giving them the benefit that they actually did something good vs a smokescreen to focus attentions elsewhere from their debacle.

2 Likes

It really goes to show how socially sheltered people are when they see an event like this and ask “well what about me as a straight person”. How do you even begin to explain that they don’t face the same discrimination as the queer community when they can’t even fathom anything outside their own experience? -An experience that hasn’t known any prejudice against their very existence.

5 Likes

A fish doesn’t think about how wet they are and it’d be extremely hard to explain what being wet was to them (if fish could talk).

:person_shrugging:

Just be sad for them, because they cannot see any further than their own existence.

2 Likes

And that’s all on you. My only take here is that this was done right, and serves as a good non-profit event that actually helps the people it’s trying to with little to no personal gain.

This isn’t a soapbox statement that Blizzard is good, this is me saying they did a good thing and should continue this pattern if they ever really want to get into the good graces of their playerbase again.

Overwatch 2 is free and yet the whole point is the terrible fomo monetization. Something being free doesn’t mean there isn’t an ulterior motive. The motive is still to make money off of people here.

They are terrible people and should be embarrassed of themselves.

1 Like

They’re not doing that right now, so you do know they do that for a while in the past, and possibly again some time later in the future?

This is disgusting disgraceful act, you do not profit over specific group, one should instead, promote and understand their goal better, rather than sow more misinformation and confusion to make them look bad.

How are they making money of this is my question. Specifically in regards to this event, what series of events would lead someone to spend money on this game directly because of this event?

Are you asking me how ads make companies money?

Allow me to explain.

They are not making money directly, but there is a thing called ESG score, things like pride events and donations to LGBTQ+ charities make this score skyrocket, which allows Blizzard much easier access to larger credit lines, and I am not even mentioning things like the good publicity…

If something is free, you are the product, and there is more than one way to make money, Blizzard, just like any company, knows those two things veeeeeeeery well :smirk:.

3 Likes

Alright, so companies found a way to profit of charity work, capitalism strikes again.

At the very least, even if Blizzard does make money from the charity donations in a round about way, it’s still benefitting the charity to get a large amount of willing donations from OW’s large fanbase. It’s not charging the general population, or swiping money away from said charity or communities, so I don’t see a problem here.

i doubt it will actually go to charity…i feel liek they should jsut scrap this game after season 4 its not gonna live up to its former glory