Before we consider a nerf to Hammond

Dude, right on the money.

stupid hero, should’ve never been released.

I about making tanks more about space than kills and damage anyways, so I wouldn’t mind a power shift to Hammond rather than a buff.
more ammo for less power in pile drive.

Hamster is busted since his release. There was no actual nerfs for him, also his counters were stronger. He needs to be gutted into oblivion, infinent mobility is not for this game. Also 50 dmg with his boops + 100 from PD is just ridiculous ammount of damage for a hero who can not be oneshotted in return.
– 25 dmg boop instead of 50
– Shields gives ult charge or halved in quantity.

No this is the Dev literally said he thought Genji was fine and didn’t need buffs but the COMMUNITY whined and pressured them into creating giga-Genji

Pay better attention

2 Likes

There was also a post from Geoff that came with a bunch of CC nerfs a while ago where he said they were aiming to reduce the overall amount and frustration caused by CC in the game, which happened before the more recent CC nerf patch Jeff’s comments I linked came from. Can’t find it right now, it’s 2 am and I’m tired of digging through Devs comments, might add it in tomorrow.

Anyone who has been paying attention to balance and Dev comments the past 2 years knows they recognize CC is an issue and makes the game extremely frustrating and unenjoyable, especially for tanks. (This isn’t directed at you Mozts, but at the OP)

Also this:

Is a flat out lie rofl, someone wasn’t here a year ago

Mei, Doom, Brig, Ana, Rein, Orisa, etc. have all had their CC nerfed

3 Likes

Brig is way more of a counter against Hammond.

Afraid to buff her?

The only way to better her in favor of countering hammond would be to buff the hack cast time, but that’d be bad for everyone else, or making hammond a projectile character instead of hitscan

I highly disagree I think a Mei is only a counter to a very bad hammond, it takes too long to freeze him and he has way too much time to get away and it’ll only really work against a spin to win hammond and literally any other stun character I would say counters him more than Mei does

Or just nerf Hammond

Nerf his health to 400 HP. He has the best mobility and health (if you include shields) in the game. Majority of the time when flankers get seen they punished , but Hammond can literally boop everyone feed for 800 hp then go back for health. Hammond is one of the few heros in the game that gets value from just being played

What about brig and Roadhog though. Brig is like 4/5th healer right now with a 4-5% pickrate and Roadhog is picked even more than that.

Ana is also 4/5th healer with a similar pickrate to Brig?

Perhaps it’s not Hammond’s counters but he does a particular counter well. For example (I don’t play in GM) I could imagine it is useful to knock teams out of Immortality field or piledrive the immortality field to do 100 damage to the field and knock up everyone inside.

Or maybe diving zen with him. Sigma doesn’t do too well against ball outside of accretion.

Funnily enough, there are those on the forums who think we should make tanks even more OP, somehow thinking that would be good for the game

Blizzard has had this approach to balance for the last 4 years, and all it’s led to is power creep.

Buffing a hero’s counters instead of nerfing the hero itself is the wrong way to balance the game because you are not addressing the problem at its source. You are creating an environment where the baseline for power in the game is ever increasing, which in turn makes the pace of the game faster and faster, and balance decisions boil down to making an OP hero get 1-upped by other heroes who then become OP instead.

If Sigma and Orisa were the problem…

And you nerfed Orisa to be almost unplayable without Sigma…

And now Sigma Hammond is supposedly a problem…

Why is nerfing Hammond the solution?

PS if you keep nerfing whatever tank is meta soon you’ll be back at Rein/Zarya, and it will be that way across all ranks.

You think the tank class wants a single main tank option?

You think DPS players would be happy with only two of the 17 heroes in their lineup being meta? You think Supports only having one choice for main and off heals in comp is what they want?

Use your heads for more than a fuzzy hatrack, I implore you.

But genji did need buffs. They just, for some reason, gave him 4 huge buffs pretty much at once. He kept the spread and deflect buffs after all.

Also, same balance team that gave doomfist a self stun on uppercut. Lots of questionable decisions.

Ball is fine

Zen is fine

Nerf tracer falloff please

Buffing stuns is basically out of the question at this point, Blizzard has made is very clear they don’t want stuns to be as prominent. The only real choice we have is nerfing Hammond. This is his issue before and even now. They nerfed all the stun heroes that countered him because they were too “oppressive” and didn’t nerf him of any of the other mobility heroes.

1 Like

Cc is an integral part and a very important one. Cc is definately required in this game, just because a hero is cancerous to play against does not mean they should be under performing because of opinions.

CC heroes need buffs but extremely minor ones nothing significant. Doom literally only needs 0.2s uppercut recovery and bug fixes while mei prob needs a nerf to wall and buff to ammo like 15 or 20.

Nah

Apparently not bc he just got nerfed :smiley:

Agreeed

I get Sigma became oppressive but friend… 2.5 sec to deploy shield again is hella ridicolous… then what? add him some chains to stop him floating?

Funny… I keep seeing post saying Hammond is a throw pick, Wrecking Balls don’t do anything but FEED, I hate having Hammond on my team. Then you see whinny posts about HaMmOnD iS aNnOyInG tO pLaY AgAiNsT HeS sO StRoNg… well WHICH is it?
Almost as if… as with EVERY other hero, he’s fine, and it depends on who is playing as him and against him.

People crying about how oppressive he is, as if he isn’t like THE BIGGEST hitbox in the game, as if spinning in a CIRCLE isn’t the most PREDICTABLE movement in the game.
He can be frozen, hacked, trapped, punched, booped, stunned, slept, and hooked with EASE.

Nevermind other heroes can fly, be invisible as long as they want, fade away, blink away, one shot punch you, instant headshot you, have auto aiming turrets, have a giant robot they can call as an autoaiming 7th player…
complaints about a giant target that can swing in a circle (oh my!) are such a joke.

1 Like