Battle Pass Price

Worst part is the wording makes it sound like they’re not afraid to lock live content behind the battlepass

2 Likes

Yep, the where so vague with the presentation. They can put anything behind the $30 premium battle pass even PVE content.

You two still dont understand and I am really sorry but this does not change the fact. I am to 100% sure there will be no discount and it will not change. This topic is stupid and if you think about it you know it.

Its simple that question:

Is it worth 40 bucks for you?

If the answer is no THEN DONT BUY IT!

Why do people have a problem with that. GOD!

Whats worth it to me is the Beta that is now essentially locked behind this $40 pay wall. I dont want to buy overwatch 1 again, make it 30 for people who already have the legendary edition and it will be more worth it for me.

1 Like

Thank you WyomingMyst, you are a bright spot on these forums dood.

2 Likes

I have confirmed the two Legendary Skins and the player icon is exclusive to that Bundle.

3 Likes

Cheers mate

I have been doing this for five years…

…seriously though, its my goal to make sure you all have the details so you all can make the best decision based on your needs. And yes, I am passing on the sentiment about not having a discounted version for pre-existing Overwatch owners. I don’t think anything will change, but this feedback is important as they continue to rollout the launch of the game.

I am going to go AFK for a bit as I have a personal project I wish to get back to work on. Thanks for your patience as I worked to get what information that I can.

9 Likes

Wow, already slapping our wallets before the game is even out with the greedy “games as service”, microtransaction cash grab model.
Longtime owners and players of Overwatch… now YOU can PAY Forty Dollars to play the beta of the FREE game! And here’s a couple skins and a dumb icon so you don’t feel swindled by the brilliant new Activision approved model!

This is what Overwatch and Blizzard is now. Awesome :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

The FOMO tactics begin.

6 Likes

Been like this for a while? Most blizzcon ticket skins are exclusive to the ticket holders. Only 1 wasn’t which was the Demon hunter sombra that was added to the game for everyone later.

This makes me sad as I REALLY want them to adopt the Halo Infinite battle pass system…

1 Like

it’s worth saying that this is a common dishonest marketing tactic. it’s not possible for something included with a purchase to be a “free bonus”. It comes with the purchase, you’re paying for it, therefore it is part of the price. any discussion of what “makes up the price” is arbitrary - you still have to pay for it to own it.

plus… up until this very moment, you could still buy overwatch on blizzard shops. it’s still being sold, the founder’s pack exists to compensate players who already paid for the game before, so naturally, if we spend the money to buy it again like in this bundle, there should be compensation again. if something is part of a bundle, it is part of the price, and removing it means removing its part of the price as well.

6 Likes

You buy the pack for the things you get in OW2.

Beta = you can get other ways in

OW1 = you already own it so why should you care

THEN JUST DONT BUY IT! How hard is this to get across. If you dont see the value ignore it.

Because every one got pissed that a crossover skin was getting tied to a Blizzcon ticket when the previous crossover skins got released into the loot pools, and then the previous two years skins were gawdy gold and blue skins with Blizzcon stamped on them and they were still exclusive but no one cared because they weren’t that special looking.

the point is that people see the value in the parts of the pack that they don’t already own, and want to purchase it without being charged to receive nothing.

I’d even take it if the copy of legendary edition becomes a gift copy if you already own it, but it doesn’t- it becomes nothing.

6 Likes

Can’t reason with a bot my dood.

Beta = only wany to get in
OW1 = OW1 I dont want to but it again

Dude you sound like Diablo immortal. Pay one dollar for this one time 800% value!!! “I’d be losing money i didnt buy it”

1 Like

So because some of them were free, all of them have to be free?

I understand them but this does not change the fact that the main part of the pack is for OW2 (where the price is centered around!). There will be no discount. I dont know how I can explain it better. But people react as if blizz would DEMAND them to buy it somehow.

If the bonus like OW1 copy or beta access is useless for you then its sad but because its just BONUS and HAS NO VALUE TO THE PACK the price does not change.

If you already would own the BP for example you should get a discount because its one of the main reasons for the OW2 PACK.