Battle Pass Price

Well it seem the premium battle pass(the one with the actualy content) will be 40 dollars. $40 every 9 weeks if you want skins everyone! you can buy it early here: Overwatch 2 - Overwatch 2 | Battle.net

its $20 more likely. considering this purchase includes the base OW1 game, which is half of that $40. Not sure why this doesnt have the PvE stuff though? seems weird not to include. maybe an extra $20 for that too, bringing it up to an even 60…

17 Likes

I dont want to spend $20 every 9 weeks or any money that frequently on OW2

40 Likes

I hope to god that thing you linked is a 1 time only thing

As a comparison, Fornite’s premium Battle Pass (which runs for a similar length of time) is usually $9.99 USD.

(Do not take this as confirmation as to what the pricing for Overwatch 2’s new battle pass will be. Just setting expectations based on other games.)

The Watchpoint Pack is a different bundle of items that is NOT a battle pass alone, but includes the first Battle Pass, access to Overwatch 1, a player icon, and two legendary skins.

26 Likes

Can I use the skins and icon immediately in OW1?

Nvm it looks like my $40 now would only grant me guaranteed beta access right when it starts. I already played in wave 1 so hard pass.

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s 40$ every 9 weeks. It’ll be maybe 10$.
But anyway, that’s how F2P games work.
Rich diehard fans spend a lot of money to collect everything and less-rich people just spend occasionally. And a majority that doesn’t spend anything.

8 Likes

No one wants to spend their money for anything but they need to charge for something if they want to run a business and profit. I would be more concerned if it was locked heroes or something like that

yes, but

1. i didnt pay full price for fortnite and
  2. remember the whole “buying vbucks with your moms credit card” meme? yeah thats this.

as i said in another comment, access to base game is $20 out of that 40. 2 skins and a player icon are basically worthless, so that leaves the remaining $20 to be for the BP.

any idea why they didnt want to include PVE stuff in this? or more than 1 season of support, since its basically a preorder?

5 Likes

Yeah, almost every battle pass is $10, so that’s what I expect.

2 Likes

Lootboxes were working just fine before, no reason to change that now. That is, unless they think they can milk their consumers for more money using this BP model instead.

3 Likes

The watch point pack is an awful deal for those that have been on OW1. There should be a cheaper version for current owners of OW1 that still want the other stuff.

10 Likes

40$ still feels like an overpriced price. I hope they will think about it some more …

3 Likes

What’s the point of purchasing a battle pass for $40 when some of it is either re-used content we already own. Should have a discount for players who already own the first game.

4 Likes

Why the Hell isn’t it discounted if you already own legendary edition then?

13 Likes

10 bucks is chump change, Watchpoint Pack cost 40 bucks because they also slide in OW1 access to it. So technically you are paying the price for the OW1 along with the goodies.

Save for that fact that several countries are outlawing them, sure.

6 Likes

LOL! 55 bucks Canadian! Well, Blizz will never see another dollar out of me. I’d rather eat.

9 Likes

True but I don’t know, they weren’t really that popular because of the whole “gambling/rng” aspect to it. And it was not an efficient system with duplicate objects, I ended up with like 200k credits extra over the years. Maybe it would’ve been nice if they kept adding more items like the charms or banners but I don’t know, maybe that is too much for loot boxes?

Can you ask if there’s a version of the pack for those of us who already own Overwatch 1?

7 Likes