Bastion's ult: feast or famine

Does anyone know why?

You have to hide or you’ll just die. Therefore if it doesn’t kill someone, you have no way to follow it up and they’ll just heal.

Bastions new Ult is quite devastating when used correctly. So his weakness is his inability to move or protect himself during his Ultimate attack. Character Ability Balancing. :slightly_smiling_face:

I am just glad that barely anyone understands how to use it correctly. Dodged a bullet there… Or, a mortar shell?

1 Like

His old ult was way better. Stronger imo but with more risk and counterplay.

No idea why they changed it to the crud it is now. Waaay less fun to use and less fun to fight.

2 Likes

Ha! Its like our lil secret :smirk:

Planning and timing are super key to using his Ult correctly :ok_hand:

1 Like

I hide, but I’m talking about the three missiles. You hit some and no one dies, or you shoot whatever and you got good kills.

1 Like

It is because Soldier 76 is designed as a Call of Duty character, so they gave the predator missile to… Bastion? Oh, and they also gave Bastion a grenade too.

No, I will never get over it.

1 Like

I miss his old Ult. Like his current one, it was all or nothing. A suicide mission. Blast or get blasted. Such a rush :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

Unless its overtime or someone is just oblivious its to easy to dodge the ult, and most bastions don’t know to hold off on the last shot to see where they are repositioning with their movement skills and just spam all three at once. I like to just stand crouched in the open on Bap and wait till I see them drop all three near me, then just jump to a safe highground and waste their ult.

Hmm maybe. I’m pretty sure they added the scoreboard to appease the codders. So it wouldn’t surprise me.

Me either. The grenade giving him mobility is probably necessary for this 5 v 5 thing we have though. But his old ult gave him rocket jump too. I have fond memories sniping pharahs and Mercys with it. We’ve lost so much :pensive:

1 Like

I plan where to land my ult before using the ult and then ult all 3 nukes within a second is how I play. Usually work out as intended. But then thats low ELO.

Mobility creep. Good luck hitting a majority of the hero roster.

And like people have said, youre defenseless.

As a Doom tank, I see bastions stupidly ult too close to me all the time. Its pretty funny.

i miss the old ult ):