Bastions ult change

Bastions ult seems weak because the time it takes to shoot recover and the projectile to hit is slow and quite counterable

So lets look back at some of his old ults that i heard about on a yt video with jeff kaplan talking about bastions old ults

Shoot through walls
At first this seems really powerfull but lets go and change it slightly
Bastion can shoot through a max of 2 walls, each wall reduces damage by 25%
This can be great when paired with infrasite or hanzos sonic arrow. Making them 2 heroes more viable, even at lower tiers

Bastion flying
This is really powerful but again lets change it slightly
Bastion can fly but damage reduced by 20% and damage resistance is removed

Bastion mine
This could be could be good
Again probably need some counters
Like can be hacked, destroyed or even defense matrix.

My proposed ultimate
Mortar shell
Bastion hunkers down into the ground and 6 slightly controllable mortar shells get fired one after another
They can be controlled by less or more power and slightly to the left or right
Each shot does 300 damage
Bastion has a 50% damage resistance but can be hacked or emped to stop ultimate
Shields block damage
DM cant eat mortar
Shots can be destroyed
Each shot has 300 health and travel at 10m/s at a parabolic arc

Don’t remove Tank, it’s a really fun ultimate once you get used to it. I do agree that it could use a little something, probably a faster transform like Sentry got, but it’s not so bad that it needs to be removed… Unless you’re planning to put it on E, which I won’t really argue with, but it’s not really necessary, especially after these PTR buffs.

1 Like

I didnt say anything about removing his tank. I want to clarify that actually i should have put, “change his current ult to an ability” but that kinda passed me. Sorry about that

25%, means the first wall takes away 50 damage. So a wall means he can only do 154-ish damage. 2 walls, and you’re down to 102. That’s a hard nerf to his damage, because NOW you need to land 2 shots perfectly to kill an enemy, compared to his current 205 damage per shell that requires LoS (mostly).

This once again kills his damage. Plus reducing his IC just means he’s just as exposed as Pharah, but with a much larger hitbox.

Riptire, basically.

This is both useless and OP. If he can’t control the shots, then the arc is just a nerfed projectile speed on his current Tank, because the upward velocity is 10m/s, when his current tank shells go 60 meters per second. That’s a BIG difference. The 100 buff to his damage isn’t worth it when said damage is then made inconsistent because of how slow it now travels, esentially 6x slower than it does now.

This means hit shells need a rather long LoS or for him to be able to know where EVERY enemy is, and will be in the 10 or so seconds it takes to land the shot.

This isn’t a skillshot, this is just dumb luck.

Then you upped the damage, but made each shot destroyable, except you can dodge it long before it hits you.

No, I don’t like it.

Plus it doesn’t make sense how a barrier can block it, but somehow DM (which destroys ALL projectiles) cannot.

Tank is 90% fine. His shots require skill, he needs to properly manage his ult, his ult also offers mobility, of which he lacks in recon and sentry, and it rewards the skill by each shot doing 205 damage.

His ult is neither a problem or anybody, of for the fluidity of his kit.

The only things he needs are MINOR QoL stuff. Not an overhaul to one of the most balanced ults in the game.

I don’t think you seem to get that.