Bastion Status Update (Day 2)

Just trying to sre where our favorite ominic turret is developer wise. I believe I can speak for all Bastion’s when I say we would like some form of update from the Blizzard Team.

EDIT: Link to the amzing Mega Thread

1 Like

he’s easily countered in payload but he needs a slight change to his turret mode possibly a cool-down after turning back to recon mode?

1 Like

The ideal situation would be to buff him so there are no kneejerk nerfs. There is a megathread by teranguard on the forms that has a plethora of good knowledge. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to link things. :sweat_smile:

If you have any ideas though feel free to share. I think your idea has some merit but you would need to buff other things a good amount.

The last thing he needs is nerfs.

1 Like

you know what fair point

1 Like

Just to have it out. What would you think would be a fair trade?

Well, I think that nerf is unneeded but if I had to absolutely choose compensation, it would be headshots and spread back without removing ironclad.

1 Like

Thank you!

respond to this post and click “full quote” (the text bubble next to the bold button) then copy paste the quote from my megathread if you want to put it in the OP or something.

basically quote just a tiny section of the post you want to link then replace the part you quoted with the link URL there instead, with the button above tab before and after the link.

1 Like

I see what you did there :wink:. I agree with you. Just trying to foster a discussion.

1 Like

I play him a lot, I spammed him from 1470SR to 2507SR and find he is perfectly fine and doesn’t need changes really.
I play him on every map type and the only bad thing about Bastion is getting flamed and insulted and told to kill yourself by your teammates while they also report you on top of all that abuse.

If any changes, following might be ok without buffing him too much:
Allow healing while shooting -> add a sort of penalty i.e. heals at half the rate or increases weapon spread.

Allow super slow movement during turret form, so one can readjust the position slightly without having to cancel turret form. (maybe as slow as max movement slow by Mei freeze)

But even those 2 additions are not really needed imo.
As I said in my first post, I find Bastion to be perfectly fine.
Though I find the teammates (insults, death threats, etc.) you get as Bastion not fine at all.

I think those are good changes, but I would say that he is far from fine :confused:. In grandmaster on PC this month his pick rate was around .06 with a 47%~ win rate. So there is clearly something wrong here. I don’t mean to discredit your post, but with numbers like those there must be something wrong with our poor omnic :frowning:

Through Silver and kind of through Gold he is more viable. In plat, not so much. Look on any stat website and you can see this trend. The higher you go the worse he gets.

That means he’s technically “fine” in those ranks, but only because his enemies aren’t that great at the game. Once you hit plat expect the Tracers to come out of the woodworks

1 Like

I honestly would be happy if there was some form of counter play to Pulse Bomb for Bastion.