Bastion should have the same burst spread as Soldier

Here’s an example of what I’m talking about:

For anyone that doesn’t know, the first 5 shots of Soldier’s gun have no spread allowing for accurate burst shots.

Bastion does not have this. I don’t like making Bastion into just a S76 clone but this would seriously help Bastion out in recon if he could use a more accurate burst fire.

8 Likes

Sounds like a great change. There’s no reason he should be so inaccurate, plus he’s a robot

Edit: What changes would suggest to sentry?

2 Likes

Bastion has a significantly lower spread once he goes full auto tho

You basically dont have to spread control

And for 76, no spread is for only first 3 bullets

4th has a small spread
5th has a medium spread
6th has max spread

click the arrow to read it

Direction Based Ironclad

1 Like

Yeah it’s more accurate at full but that doesn’t help too much VS Pharah. That’s where burst fire helps the most.

It does

Her hitbox is so atrocious that you dont need to spread control as long as you track her

You can literally go full auto and it will still land inside her unless she’s super far away

1 Like

I really enjoy seeing your ideas. It’s clear that you care, and that’s something I enjoy seeing.

2 Likes

At his max range before he starts losing damage per shot at 26 meters he will still miss bullets. Basically I’m asking why he doesn’t have it to begin with, there are situations where burst will be better than full auto even if he has less spread than Soldier.

I dont know

They probably didnt even think about it when designing

1 Like

Thanks, I like thinking of ideas for him that would make him better. I don’t know if any of them are being seen but we just have to hope and keep making threads.

1 Like

I’m sure Blizzard will do something eventually

2 Likes

If you can’t take down a Pharah as Bastion, it is because of his falloff, not his spread. If you want them to buff recon, it should be a buff to his falloff range, not his spread.

It’s only buffing burst fire, not his max spread.

1 Like

Yes but burst fire cuts your rof. Bastion’s spread is good enough that generally it wouldn’t even be worth burst firing at a Pharah. If you want his long range effectiveness in Recon to be improved, you should be focusing on its falloff.

Exactly, it’s a trade off. More accurate for less dps or constant fire for less accuracy. Burst lets you score more headshots if you’re good at aiming so even that depends.

1 Like

Yes but it’s already so accurate that the rof decrease would mean that burst firing was less efficient anyway. It wouldn’t help him very much at all.

This would also help counter Sombra’s who have Hacked you.
Because if there’s a Sombra, you’re hacked. Lol.

I find that no matter how good i track the Sombra, She can out damage my Recon Skills. Especially when i watch the Bullets Sometimes hit headshots, and othertimes hit both points of Nepal.

1 Like

Dont forget about small hitbox and ultimate dancing tactics.

Try hit me, try hit me i can dance all day…

But when you dance as a bastion you just walking into incoming bullets.

I don’t think its a significant change. I don’t really think its needed.

Personally I want something that’s impactful. I think bastion should be the only hero in the game that can go prone. I think it would be interesting to see him choose between going prone and movement just as he chooses to go sentry mode.