Bastion rework idea

Only things I would change is retaining IC in Sentry and Tank, giving Tank a Crit hitbox, and removing crit capabilities from Sentry.

It already can’t crit. And the point of allowing it to crit again is so that he can kill Reinhardt midcharge and Roadhog hopefully before he hooks and stuff like that.

1 Like

hey…how did you do that drop down menu stuff?
I am asking so i can do this to my full zarya guide I am working on

You can do that reliably regardless of crits with the range increased due to spread reduction

m8 i know what ur meaning , there are times when your aim is trained so well that you can rank up easily with bastion , one time i ranked up in the last week of the season 500 sr as bastion and almost got to diamond but that doesn’t make him viable all the time , from my gameplay i had good supports , that is what made the biggest difference and thru good supports i don’t mean POCKETERS i mean those who heal at the most critical moments the most usefull hero,also bastion is used so less that people don’t know how to counter him most of the time,but overall bastion is still underpowered in his supposed role which is defense ( hes better at payload attack maps…) so this is why he should be buffed , he should be viable on most maps like most heroes…

Here’s a revised version I made:

• “Reconfigure” renamed to “Reconfigure: Sentry”

• Sentry spread reverted

• Recon damage falloff range increased to 35-65 meters

• Recon spread angle decreased to 1.00 degrees maximum

• New Ability E: “Reconfigure: Tank”
    120 damage per round
    1 rps
    5 rounds per clip
    2 sec reload
    1 sec cast time
    0.5 sec reversion
    Crit hitbox on back

• Self-repair gives 5% damage resistance while in use

• New Ultimate: Overclock
    8 sec duration
    Gives 150 additional armor for duration (plus 20% damage resistance while in Sentry or Tank)
    Transformation times halved
    Recon reload time halved
    Recon Movement speed increased by 30%
    Sentry immune to CC
    Sentry infinite ammo
    Tank damage increased to 205 per round
    Tank infinite ammo

My major concern with the original rework concept was that there wasn’t any reason to ever be in Recon due to the higher mobility, survivability, and damage output of Tank. I’ve changed a few things to fix that.

2 Likes

No, you can’t. At the range that a Roadhog or a Reinhardt could hook/pin you (Rein can walk towards you with his shield before charging) you would be hitting them anyways with or without better spread.

That sounds good if they’re not going to fully revert sentry. I would absolutely be fine with that change.

Recon has a higher damage potential. It can do 160 dps with all bodyshots or 320 with headshots whereas tank can only do 120 and even less on non direct hits. It’s also a projectile.

I don’t support reverts at all also this makes bastion kinda broke

How does it make Bastion “broke”? Why don’t you support reverts? Is it because it’s a revert or do you not like old Bastion?

If you can’t supply a reason for this I can’t properly argue against any of it :stuck_out_tongue:

Wouldn’t this basically limit the use of Sentry Mode? Why be stationary and die when you can just run around in tank mode all day? And for that matter, why would you ever choose his robot form after this? Isn’t the main reason for that to reposition currently?

And isn’t his self heal an important part of his kit?

Because tankmode can’t do 1050 dps. The point of the change to sentry is because the majority of Bastion mains I’ve met want sentry reverted because the current one is bad and straight up reverting spread and headshots without also reverting ironclad would boost pirateship too much.

Proof: Overwatch Forums
It’s on the old forums, it has 272 likes and 40 dislikes in favor of reverting sentry.

Because tankmode does 120 damage without being able to headshot but recon can do 320 with headshots and the ability to move.

Yes. I never asked to revert it.

Why does everyone keep thinking that self heal is part of sentry? NO! I only want sentry itself reverted, not recon or healing.

But without ironclad or the self heal, don’t you think it would be too easy to focus him down in Sentry mode?

Why do people keep thinking I want healing reverted? It is an entirely different ability from sentrymode. It will not be reverted.

As for ironclad, There’s no way anyone would allow old sentry stats with ironclad and old sentry was still good anyways. If you sit in one spot too long, you die. You can get more done faster in old sentry so you don’t have to sit there for too long.

You proposed a new E. Heal is on his E, so how would you activate his heal? Just move it to M2?

It’s already on M2. Where have you been the last year? It was moved there when they reworked him because it got a resource meter like DM.

My bad. I thought it was bound to both.

Sentry headshot means he mows down things a lot faster than he can now and he’s pretty good at it right now
Pirate ship would be broke