Bastion Rework already looks awesome

Brig already had strategy removed for her after her overheal was removed, and now even more with stun being taken away, as she becomes less and less.

Is it written in stone that her stun gets removed or is there a chance it stays in?

Are Brig players without any hope here since streamers dont play her?

Yo andy.

How is mountain translated into hawaiian?

1 Like

Itā€™s an ult where people can escape easily the range is shorter than meteor strike.

It wasnā€™t stated, but I am presuming that some change there must be made. If not, without self-heal, he would be DOA.

In your gameplay tests for new Bastion, is he really doing fine without selfrepair? Based on my experience recon Bastion with his huge tank hitbox already just blows up.

these are terrible changes, especially the ones for moira lol. supports arent healbots - moiras whole design is damage and healing, not just healing.

1 Like

Hey Andy!

I watched the OW2 pro exhibition match during the grand finals stream, and something has been bugging me.

Watching from Kevsterā€™s PoV early into the match (from 1:46 - 1:50 on GameSpotā€™s upload of the match on Youtube), I really feel like a visual representation of Sombraā€™s new 4 meter detection radius is needed ā€“ both for the sake of the player, and the viewer.

On retail, working without a visual indicator of the current 2 meter radius isnā€™t hard. However, if itā€™s going to be just 1 meter smaller than Winstonā€™s bubble in OW2, then I think it becomes a necessity to visualize the size.

My suggestion: Add a ring around Sombra that dynamically appears when she enters stealth, and disappears when she exits it ā€“ a la Lucioā€™s aura circle/Brigitteā€™s rally circle (though, only visible to the Sombra player). This would make stealth detection a lot more intuitive.

Sorry to ask this of you again, but if you see this, would you mind passing this suggestion on to the devs? As a Sombra main, this is really important to me ā€“ especially since in the past they tried the 4m detection radius on the PTR and it felt awful.

I do think itā€™s a fair change now, considering all of the buffs sheā€™ll be getting in exchange ā€“ but itā€™s going to be such a headache without a visual indicator. This simple solution would make it feel so much less frustrating to work with.

Why do you even play bastion if his entire kit being overhauled makes you happy? Just main Soldier 76. He is much closer to this new bastion than actual bastion is.

The transformation aspect of the hero has been tanked by sentry being put on a timer and cooldown.

His damage is getting tanked so that canā€™t be it either.

Clearly itā€™s not for the sustain.

Canā€™t be recon either since that is also getting completely overhauled, itā€™s more of a rifle than a machine gun now.

Do you just like his design?

I like the character and itā€™s transforming mechanic is really cool to me. Bastionā€™s current kit just does not fit with the philosophy of OW2 but itā€™s rework fits in a lot better. This is a new evolution that the hero needed but it will still feel like bastion to me. Might be in the minority here but thatā€™s just how I feel about it.

I think Bastionā€™s rework looks very fun and has potential to turn it into an actual hero.

The transforming mechanic has been ruined by the fact he is an 8 second timer and 10 second cooldown on his ability. There will be no dynamic swapping between recon and sentry depending on what you need at the time any more. Itā€™s all hide litterally inside your team or at really long range to avoid getting into a close range encounter. Use sentry every 10 seconds for shield break and use your grenade if anyone tries to 1v1 you (since you canā€™t win otherwise). Hide in recon mode until you have your grenade because if you get caught without it youā€™re fooked. Rinse, repeat. At least the high risk playstyle is there, although not intentionally. If the enemy team has a sombra switch heroes because there is litterally nothing you can do, save for hide in a corner with reinheart which wonā€™t work as well anymore.

If you switch to sentry mode to pressure someone you will need 10 seconds to get it back and youā€™ll have to hide in recon mode or retreat to long range. If you jump round a corner and switch to sentry in a 1v1 itā€™ll be much weaker and the other guy could just leave after hearing you transform and then youā€™ve wasted the first half or so of your ability. You canā€™t set up in one position only to switch positions to catch the enemy team off guard. With bastionā€™s new damage there will be no more flankstion as well.

Except I have and against. Itā€™s so easy to shut down bastion even with below average team coordination. Heck, an Ana/Echo duo easily deletes a bastion when heā€™s not severely babysat by a Mercy/Orisa

He has movement, better consistency, Burst damage and a new ult.

I say it can easily slap on now because he absolutely sucks at high ranks and while his pick rate is low in lower ranks, it absolutely stomps them

Since I have seen a lot of confusion around that toptic I would like to ask: Does the Dev test build not include Sojourn and (presumably) other unannounced heros?
I have the impression a lot of people seem to think that the streamed match represents the current total state of progress of the entire PvP development, which I would find surprising.

I know you do, but you are also very narrow minded on what you want him to be ā€“ a common trait of people passionate about a single hero.

I think itā€™s very exciting heā€™s getting a big rework and to crap on it before we even know how it pans out just proves my point.

I was quite concerned about him losing the ability to rocket jump in tank form. But now I am happy. :slight_smile:

They can enable/disable what they want at will.

Sojourn should not be playable until we as a community adjust to the changes OW2 plans to take. Itā€™s easier to make comparisons with heroes that we are familiar with since we have a baseline to reference. Sojourn has no comparisons since she is exclusively for OW2. So if she looks too strong we cannot compare her to anything familiar and might just blast out unwarranted criticism.

When we calm down as a community (if you were paying attention to forum reactions, you will see why they omit certain reveals until later) then they will share more.

Looks kind of limiting as it is now though. Right now Iā€™d pick Soldier over that rework every time :wink:.

ChibiFox wanted the exact opposite of what the rework did to Bastion to happen. The exact opposite. Its not ChibiFox being narrowminded its you flat out not understanding them.

1 Like

I donā€™t think you understand what narrowminded means.

The fact that they want Bastion to only be one way, and are not open to other kinds of changes is the very definition.

Has nothing to do with my understanding, but maybe a bit to do with your comprehension.

Maybe if I reverse it so itā€™s not as negative (although the meaning is exactly the same).

I feel like people who immediately call major reworks in OW2 bad, just because itā€™s not inline with their vision of the hero, do not have an open mind at all.

Yeah, nah.

It isnā€™t ChibiFox not being open to other kinds of change, it is ChibiFox not being open to litterally the exact opposite of the change they have been pushing for. You could make this argument if Bastion was fixed in a way that ChibiFox didnā€™t want but that wasnā€™t completely opposed to what ChibiFox wanted on the most basic level. I already replied to you with this comparison but it like telling the extreme right to be happy the extreme left got elected because society is changing which they both wanted. Its absurd.

ChibiFox isnā€™t being narrowminded, you just donā€™t understand what they want. Alot of Chibiā€™s attempts to get Bastion fixed come from Chibiā€™s belief that Bastionā€™s previous rework damaged his identity and now you want her to happy for a rework that destroys it further? You do not understand ChibiFox at all.

AndyB, Bastion here, cam you confirm that amp matrix effects grenade?

And possibly Artillary?