Bastion Rework already looks awesome

Can you confirm anything about the Doom rework? How many abilities are planned to stay?

I think people are reading a bit too much into a doom rework. They only said it was an idea they tried, they never said it was going to be it.

1 Like

The better question is if any work has even been started on him.

3 Likes

Checked in with Hero balance and design on this to make sure:

Geoff G: Like Doomfist’s Meteor Strike, Bastions new ult, Configuration: Artillery, ignores ceilings. Rooms may not provide safe cover.

11 Likes

I still am worried about him. Stuns being removed, tanks having knockback reduction passive, bugs caused by engine, etc…

1 Like

From the Hero balance and design folks:

Geoff G: We decided to add both a duration and a cooldown to the new Turret mode to allow us to keep the ability tuned to have a high damage output, while still taking into account his newfound mobility.

8 Likes

From the question above…

We’re seeing what we can do to get the rest of the footage out in the wild.

13 Likes

And Andy, another question:

Have someone took the mantle of being the voice designer of Bastion? What can we except for OW2 in that matter? Will he get new voice lines in OW1?

1 Like

I think the stun situation is why they are concidering a switch to the tank role. Perhaps he is going to lose his damage potential but he would be able to make the most of his CC tool and work as a tank mobile dedicated disruptor. And i think meteor strike could still work with such a kit. Perhaps either as a finisher or reworked into a stun tool similar to shatter but with more range at the cost of a heads up.

Newfound mobility??? Do you mean the rocket jump?

2 Likes

To manage expectations: nope.

10 Likes

Omg, thank you!

2 Likes

One last question…

Baby D.Va emotes in OW2??

LMAOO

well that and the whole…you know…

8 Likes

thats if baby dva remains…

dun dun…DUUUUUNNNNNNNN :wink:

1 Like

No bc like…

2 Likes

OH yes i am aware of this. But i’m wondering why even set a time limit given how the damage of this mode is already drastically reduced on top of the fact he has reduced movement speed in this mode.

Plot Twist: D.Vas MEKA gets removed. She will be a healer throwing Doritos and Mountain Dew around

4 Likes

Yes please I watch football/soccers without casters it’s much better with spectator’s sound only, even if I like very much OWL casters.

1 Like

I do hope if new heroes are finally revealed and shown in proper gameplay that they do something similar to what they did with OW1 characters pre-release by showing a full match from the perspective of someone playing as them.