Bastion Recon > Soldier Pulse Rifle

I was thinking about it when I suddenly realized that Bastion Recon Mode has
a) bigger clip size
b) HALF as much max spread
c) shorter reload time

But doesn’t Soldier do slightly more damage? 180 dps vs 160 dps?
Yeah…until you remember that people don’t actually just hold down the trigger with Soldier 76. They BURST-FIRE with him, which means that he is losing DPS by not continuously firing.
Bastion Recon meanwhile, doesn’t need to burst-fire because his max spread isn’t LITERALLY BIGGER THAN SENTRY FORM’S SPREAD. (This is actually true. Bastion sentry form goes from 3-2. Soldier goes from 0-2.4)

Can this guy get some buffs? Like actually?
(Honorable mention to the fact that Tank Form > Tactical Visor.)

3 Likes

I think they should nerf some overpowerd DPS instead of buffing S76. He should be the standard at his current damage values.

1 Like

slower walking speed, worse center speed, worse damage, no Helix burst, no healing while shooting, sorry but no Recon Bastion is not better than Soldier…

1 Like

Are you kidding me? Soldier 76 struggles to kill Lucio. With firepower like that DPS will be forever irrelevant.

Not unless you are a terrible shot, and Lucio has always been fairly hard to kill… he’s even considered a stalling hero at times.

4 Likes

Both ults are trash tier until you have baptiste using amplification matrix for them.

1 Like

well, both heroes are trash, doomfist hanzo reaper mei outshine everything.

2 Likes

haha this the only time when they are good is if you throw a amplification matrix at their face so they are doing double the damage.

You can’t argue both sides. Either Soldier burst fires and has ZERO spread, or he has spread and doesn’t have to burst fire.

The fact that he has the option for either depending on range is an advantage, not a weakness.

I think they should absolutely buff soldiers mobility, though. Since his Sprint was considered good several heroes with flat out better mobility have been introduced. Baptiste, Ashe, Wrecking Ball, Doomfist, etc.

76 is still the better hero because of his survivability. Meanwhile Bastion easily dies to every hero, literally.

It’s a no brainer to pick 76 over Bastion. If you pick Bastion in competitive these days you are begging to be reported by people for throwing.

Bastion gets a large ammo supply in Recon mode in part because he doesn’t have an alternative fire or Helix Rocket. Cannot fire at the same time and heal at the same time and remains a large easily hittable target.

You’ve failed to mention that Soldier’s bullet spread doesn’t start until the 7th (IIRC) bullet, while Bastion’s bullet spread starts immediately. Soldier’s gun also has a much longer damage falloff range, making Soldier’s primary weapon more consistently lethal than Bastion’s recon gun.

Add to that the fact that Soldier is also working with a Helix Rocket, a smaller hitbox and the ability to heal himself while firing, and it would make sense to give Bastion a significantly more powerful weapon.

Soldier is lagging behind the insane mobility and lethality of other DPS heroes, but comparing him to Bastion isn’t a great argument for buffing him. If anything, it just draws attention to the fact that both Soldier and Bastion have inferior weapons compared to the likes of Hanzo.

I got a drink here, but I don’t feel like tilting the cup into my mouth.

Would you mind passing me one of those straws you’re grasping at, OP?

If they nerfed every dps down to Level:76 then nothing would ever die. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That is basically what tanks and supports want though… So I doubt he cares. Lul.