šŸ’™ Bastion mains, it's time to hear your voice once more

I donā€™t know why youā€™re speaking for GM players when you arenā€™t one, but in my experience Bastion comps are actually very good on ladder right now because teams are much less coordinated.

I honestly want something other than sentry mode. Bastion was one of the characters that attracted me to Overwatch. For a character based on transformation, itā€™s a damn shame that his alt mode is a turret

Donā€™t knock the Sentryā€¦ ;-;

I would love if he was more of a transformation based hero tho.
Like if we had Tank mode properly turned into another alt mode, but his ultimate just made everything deadlier.

Personally, I donā€™t have much experience on Bastion, Iā€™ve mostly tested him out a bit.
I like his character, animations, and skins; just walking as Bastion is actually pretty fun because of his sound design.

I started to use him for shenanigans when I played with friends right before 2/2/2 hit. The enemy team advancing usually coincided in my simultaneous destruction, but its what I could do to stall and what value I could find before I died that mattered.

Bastion is weird.

Itā€™d be nice if heroes like Bastion werenā€™t designed with the assumption that their team is switching for them and pocketing them.

1 Like

It didnā€™t used to be this wayā€¦ once you were somehow set up in Sentry, your team were the least of the enemies problemsā€¦ it was powerful, but you could be caught off guard.

A good Bastion could control the fight in the same way that i good Widow can control the fight. You were a point of defense, actually dealing out proper area denying damage.

I will agree that Bastion was a bit weirdly tuned with his spread, but damn i miss those daysā€¦

Also why is the gun itself likeā€¦ quiet now?

I want the first one back!!!

(Also that range is just stupid on the latest clipā€¦ he canā€™t do anything.)

1 Like

Well, as best we have to go on with the poor statistics that Blizzard lets us see anymore Sombra and Torb would be doing worse overall and Tracer and Soldier are about breaking even.

That being said, Bastion has a dominate strategy on a couple of maps while all the other heroes are just bad on all maps. Heā€™s still not bottom of the barrel by any means.

This is all assuming you just so happen to have a properly coordinated team in your pocket.

I mean about how the hero performs on their own. Maybe not always literally on their own in the fight, but every hero can pretty much stand on their own.

I had a really good match recently-ish when i was still playing as Torb.

TORB.

And yet i wouldnā€™t let myself play Bastion, because i didnā€™t want a headache.

Dang, thats a big RIP.
That looks worse than when Roadhog got his damage nerfed.

The second one might as well have been Soldier 76, was that after hitscan drop off buff.

1 Like

Ah ā€“ thatā€™s why you are stuck on Bastion and have been unhappy so long. Will never happen.

There are so many heroes who can do things on their own, yet you gripe on Bastion ā€“ the only hero who plants himself into the ground to do by far the highest DPS in the game by design and complain he needs people to work around him?

Enjoy being unhappy with your selected hero I guess? :man_shrugging: Itā€™s like you chose a hero to be your favorite but ignored what he has always been designed to do.

Honestly it might as well have been Moira.
MOIRA.

I could have done better as Moira in that match as well.

NO.
I really canā€™t stand the ā€œDoes the most damage in the gameā€ thingā€¦ he will not ever do that much damage.

Soā€¦ If i plant myself in the ground that automatically means i shouldnā€™t be able to defend myself?

I donā€™t get what you mean.

If i plant myself in the ground and try to fight any of the DPS roster in a 1v1, god forbid anything more, i will lose.

Thatā€™s not balanced.

Honestly if i willingly give up mobility that should give me at least a teeny tiny bit of an advantage when an enemy comes barreling towards meā€¦ since ya know, itā€™s willing giving up mobility.

1 Like

That chart means nothing when itā€™s an objective based game and people have to come toward you to get such objective.

I mean, you want anecdotal evidence? Hereā€™s an OWL player (Surefour) owning with Bastion in GM level play:

Heā€™s just not the hero you want him to be apparently, but heā€™s definitely strong in the right situations right now.

ā€œI donā€™t care about numbers and math! I only care about opinions and loose arguments!ā€

=.=

Please donā€™t waste my time.

Oh look, pro players used the heroā€¦ ā€œThey must be viableā€

is this topic a joke or a copypaste of a year old post or something? bastionā€™s one of the better dpses in the current meta lmao

What would be better? A clip of gold level players unable to stop a pirate ship strategy on Junkertown?

Heā€™s currently good with a supporting cast across all ranks, and even better at lower ranks without the right supporting cast.

You are complaining about a hero who needs no complaining about, other than his intentional design. Heā€™s not weak by any means.

1 Like

used in pro scene by a decent amount and is pretty meta on payload and 2cp

if youā€™ve ever bothered to watch current contenders or owlā€™s lastest grand finals youā€™d see that bastion is a popular pick

Please donā€™t waste my time.

Oh wow, i didnā€™t realize that all i needed to do was join the OWL to play this hero.

blizzard canā€™t really do anything about less good players performing worse with meta characters, yeah

bastion performs better as you go up the ladder because 1) bastion players are better, 2) teams actually know how to support bastion, and 3) people pick bastion in the correct situations

you donā€™t need to be in owl to be play bastion. you just need to be good at the game

Ahhh so this all boils down to ā€œNearly never use the hero and you can call yourself good at the gameā€

Yea no.

Surefour looked liked he was pretty dependent on his team to save him from stuff all the time.

Iā€™m not a big fan of dependency between heroes, its pretty unfun.

Anyway, this topic isnā€™t just about the OPā€™s opinion of Bastion. You seem to like him as he is, what do you like about him?

1 Like

Just imagine this stuff being said about any other heroā€¦

ā€œDuh, you should try to only really play Tracer on Ilios, with a Soldier and a Mercy and two shields at all timesā€

It would NEVER fly.

1 Like