šŸ’” Bastion ISNā€™T being forgotten, heā€™s being ignored

Bastionā€™s pickrate is under 1% silver and up with a negative winrate gold and down. These stats have been getting worse over time. In a meta that should benefit him heā€™s doing worse and worse. How can it make bunker strong if heā€™s not even in it? The odds of finding an enemy Bastion who also plays bunker who also wins is actually pretty rare.

4 Likes

The main issue weā€™re faced with is, as long as a good player CAN win on Bastion, there are 6 players who want the hero nerfed after the match is over.

No matter what.

Even if that player wins fair and square.

2 Likes

Well maybe if they know we wonā€™t like it then thatā€™s their problem with only being able to think of things we donā€™t like. Iā€™ve pointed this out before but a lot of the responses to the rework were negative for varying reasons and ironclad is ultimately where it failed hard and led to a nerf. Who asked for ironclad?

I once had someone explain to me that they wanted Bastion to be ā€œPlayable but not able to winā€

Which shook me to my core.

Their idea was literally that Bastion wouldnā€™t be physically able to win unless the enemy team were lower level.

Thatā€™s what people want.

(Update. Just had a Rienhardt WALK UP TO ME. Say hello, all while i was shooting him, and still had time to charge and kill me. As in, he did the waving animation and there was nothing i could even do. feels great playing this hero.)

5 Likes

Bastion is so far behind every other dps hero its sad.

3 Likes

Off Topic: How does one get mid-plat on XBL but high silver on PC?

By using a controller, maining Bastion and Widow, and generally not caring.

(Also those stats are from forever ago)

BTW

Do we have a current damage/distance chart for Bastion, thatā€™s up to date?
Not only would i love to see that in the new thread, i would like to know in general since it would be very valuable information to me.

2 Likes

Can we also focus on things that directly hurt bastion?

For example the armor nerf, dps powercreep, etc.

4 Likes

Iā€™d throw 350dmg Pulse Bomb in there.

4 Likes

PC has a different skill set regarding the hand layouts, mapping, and different mechanics.

Proficient on console does not carry the mechanical skill over to PC. In that case you just gotta practice more on PC.

1 Like

Rodger that.

2 Likes

I would never thought that after years i will get to see a bastion in even worse condition than what he used to be.

TLDR: Used to be bad now its even worse.

1 Like

yeah tell me about it even though in one game i was doing my flanking thing in the end it felt like there was 11 players that wanted Bastion nerfed for various reasons.

Video for smiles and chuckles.

3 Likes

Bastion was on a killing rampage, deaf to loud metal footsteps behind him.

Mercy was just standing there and checking out her twitter feed.

Moira had connection issues that day and batteries in xbox controller died at the very moment.

And there were Youā€¦ A right place at the right time.

1 Like

after 2 years ,still nothing for himā€¦ while other has buff and changed to complelty demolish him

3 Likes

And I have yet to be online the same time as you are shadow. I have been looking forward to pocketing you haha :disappointed:

Face of a depression

That was also my face when

Tracer got her Pulse Bomb buffed

3 Likes

im really surprise nohting has been done yet, its so easy :

FIX

• sentry headshot enabled
  • ULT mode has +100 armor

BUFF

• +100 armor
  • recon has no spread (OPTIONAL)

we need to fix bastion for what he has become, thats why those are needed, then the buff is what we were promised 2 years ago,
im not putting him OP, im putting him at the playable range, nothing here is out of range,
becaus the basic bastion was way better and this is only thing that take out the massif nerf he recived in the 2 years

1 Like

Not sure i heshould have HS and while in sentry. The extra armor in tank is definitely necessary.

As for the recon buffs, are you suggesting converting some health to armor or just giving more? No spread seems like a bit much though.