šŸ’” Bastion ISNā€™T being forgotten, heā€™s being ignored

ā€œ3 shots in reserve, like Tracerā€™s blinks. (he can fire all 3 at once, and if all 3 are direct shots then it will only do 120 damage, the same as 1 fully charged shots.ā€

What,a burst firing tank sounds good? Not to mention this underwhelming damage for a 15 second reload to get all your shells back.Guess what junkrat can press lmb once and it will do the same amount of damage.No,I donā€™t want for Bastionā€™s tank to be able to ā€œshoot shells in rapid successionā€ mechanic.

He was probably confused about what you were referencing, since we have more versions of tank on E than bullets in Sentryā€™s clip.

1 Like

It does break apart when you kill Pharah, Iā€™ve seen it happen.

1 Like

Has anyone seen the revealed Bastion lego set on Twitter?

1 Like

You mean this one?

I have now. o-o
And i want one.
I Need One.

1 Like

I donā€™t know where that suggestion came from then.

He canā€™t transform though :frowning:
IDK how youā€™d make that work though.

1 Like

Oh, this thread is still alive, nice!

3 Likes

This thread only dies:

3 Likes

yeah, even if i maybe am winning more games then ever, it still doesnt mean bastion is good. he isnt.

3 Likes

Well, if we can do it then a casual can too.

You can justify any broken character with this logic. Not only that, but if a person like me with <20 hours and 5 hours into Bastion can wreck Quick Play with himā€¦ I can only imagine what a Pro Bastion player can do in Quick Play.

This is a competitive game so I donā€™t think we should balance around people who donā€™t play the game seriously.

I disagree. While Overwatch does draw a big competitive crowd, casual players are still the bread & butter of the game. I also think the sentiment that this game should only cater to one type of player is repulsive. It should try to make as many players happy as possible and have a level playing field at all levels of play.

From a business perspective, casuals and new players are more profitable than seasoned & competitive players. For two reasons.

A) New players and casuals are more likely to spend money, because they have less and are more willing to pay than to grind, while seasoned & competitive players either already have the paid content they want or are willing to grind for it. It comes down to the fact that the latter players canā€™t be milked for as much.

B) The newcomer and casual experience is important to keeping the game in a healthy level of activity. What happens when a newcomer starts playing and they get pro-players thrown at them? They donā€™t have fun and they quit. From a business perspective, you absolutely cannot let your elite players oppress your newcomers and your casual players and absolutely cannot give them characters that compound that.

Itā€™s more important to Blizzard that they preserve their entry-level game-play, than to cater to their elitist crowd. Not only is it more profitable, but itā€™s the right and fair thing to do.

Where are you getting the idea that he wreks QP games from?

1 Like

Because I play him in Quick Play and I perform 5x better on him than any other hero, even my previous main, Tracer.

I play him qp, around low gold - mid diamond mmr and he never works unless weā€™re doing stupid strategies where we build half of the team around him and the other side has no comms. Even then its risky.

3 Likes

Yeah, sameā€¦ I normally play around diamond or so, and I can normally get away with playing him, but heā€™s not terribly effectiveā€¦ sometimes if the enemy team is pretty bad, I can do pretty well. Like when they go Winston/Doomfist to deal witht the Bastionā€¦

3 Likes

Having over 100 hours on Bastion Just in qp, i can confirm that heā€™s basically useless without a dedicated team.

And by that point, said team using any other heroes, would probably rival most randomly squished together comp teams.

Soā€¦ There is that.

2 Likes

gotta keep this at the top boys!

1 Like

They reduced orisa spread. The one hero that didnt needs itā€¦ Wtf

1. Quick play is such a bad place to know if a character is balanced or not, there is zero communication, zero coordination and zero seriousness in that mode.
  2. Following my past point, his pickrate is just the lowest one of all and has negative winrate (below 50%).
  3. Pros donā€™t use him anymore, the only time they used him was when Junkertown was launched, a very open map which even pros struggled, after some experience, the strat died.
2 Likes

They realized they needed a hero to put down better area denial at range while holding small areas/points with high firepower. :upside_down_face:

1 Like