šŸ’” Bastion ISNā€™T being forgotten, heā€™s being ignored

These Bastion buffs possibly hitting the PTR Soon intrigue meā€¦

Especially since thereā€™s rumor of an update possibly making you have to Re-Download the gameā€¦

A part of me wonders if itā€™s an engine update, possibly something involving the movement system?

3 Likes

Itā€™s not a rumor. Itā€™s straight up confirmed.

1 Like

I think theyā€™ve said that itā€™s just a bunch of optimisations. Iā€™ve heard that itā€™s night and day between PTR and live, but I havenā€™t really played much of it.

1 Like

I think itā€™s the OWWC viewer thing being integrated into the game.

1 Like

I changed my heat rework thing to incorporate the proposed spread changes, because I think they actually work pretty well with it. If they do go live, Iā€™ll probably put this into another post so that hopefully theyā€™ll see it and consider it for a rework if they do decide to go that route.

Heat rework 2
  • Configuration Sentry
    • ā€œReverse bloomā€ added to weapon
      • Spread starts at 2.5Ā°, shrinks down to a minimum of 1.25Ā°
      • Spread takes 1.5 seconds to shrink down to minimum
      • Spread takes 0.5 seconds to grow from minimum to maximum
    • Headshots added to weapon
      • Critical hits deal 1.5x damage instead of the normal 2x
    • Ammo increased to infinite
    • Overheat mechanic added to weapon
      • Heat meter is displayed as a resource meter similar to Pharahā€™s jet fuel on the opposite of his repair resource with ticks at every ā…“ (33%)
    • Heat is gained at a rate of 0.42% per bullet
      • 12.5% per second when firing continuously
      • 8 seconds of continuous fire (currently 10 seconds)
    • Heat is dispersed at a different rates depending on heat level
      • Between [0%, 33%) : 11.1% per second
      • Between [33%, 66%] : 16.7% per second
      • Between (66%, 100%] : 25% per second
      • 6.3 seconds from 100% to 0%
    • Weapon damage is dependent on heat level
      • Between [0%, 33%) : 15 damage
      • Between [33%, 66%] : 13 damage
      • Between (66%, 100%] : 11 damage
    • If the heat meter completely fills, Bastion cannot fire until it is empty if he stays in Sentry mode
    • If Bastion switches to Recon mode to disperse the heat, he can fire again in Sentry mode when the heat is at 25% or less
  • Configuration Recon
    • Reload speed reduced to 1.5 seconds
    • Heat meter markings are at every Ā¼ (25%) in Recon mode
    • If the heat meter is more than 25% full, applies fire damage
      • Fire damage is the similar to Asheā€™s dynamite, not Torbjornā€™s ultimate
      • Fire damage deals 5 additional damage over 0.5 seconds
    • Firing his weapon decreases the heat meter by 3.75% per bullet
      • 20 bullets equates to 75% heat
      • Heat is decreased even if the bonus damage isnā€™t applied
    • Heat does not passively disperse when in Recon mode
  • Ironclad
    • Removed
  • Self-repair
    • No longer consumes resources when it cannot heal Bastion
    • Healing delay reduced to 0.1 seconds (Currently ~0.5 seconds)
    • Able to reload while repairing (Only affects Recon mode)
  • Configuration Tank
    • Completely empties heat meter on use
    • No self damage
    • Tread sounds reduced slightly
    • Adds 150 armor

I changed it to that his spread reverts faster than his gun cools to prevent people from infinitely spamming shoot for a second, then cooldown for a second. Or at least, they wonā€™t be very accurate if they doā€¦

If anyone has anything else to add or change, do share.

Its not rumour on the next patch needing a clean install of the client.

though when and what the bastion changes will be is up to the four winds and may not even be part of the super patch.

3 Likes

They definitely wonā€™t be in the 1.30 patch, theyā€™ll be in 1.31 on PTRā€¦ Well, probably in 1.31 anyway

This thread is obsolete. Plz lock.

Itā€™s not obsolete yet, we still have to see if the update is actually beneficial to him

4 Likes

Even if this does benefit him, chances are it will work as a bandaid. Its definitely a welcome buff but it doesnā€™t cover enough bases from what Iā€™m aware of.

4 Likes

It brings him closer, but I doubt it fixes him completely.

4 Likes

I played a few matches today. It was pretty horrid as usual. Enemy Mercys know how weak I am and engage me like theyrā€™e DPS. They generally get away with it too. ;x; Sheā€™s super small and fast with those wings so I struggle a little to aim at her. Its too bad my spread is so wide.

6 Likes

im having a bad feelingā€¦ something bad is comingā€¦

1 Like

like, the amount of negative comments is getting bigger. i think we might get mass flagged

People are often ridiculed for speaking or acting against what seems to be the perceived ā€œNatural flowā€ of things.

If so, and in said events, it often only helps to further showcase the issues at hand.

I welcome ridicule with open arms.
And in itā€™s face i pose only this question:

What is being right, worth to you?

1 Like

I donā€™t play bastion. He is one of my least played heroes, and even I know that unless a bastion has an entire team built around him, he is utter garbage. (At least on ps4 diamond)
EDIT: I wish blizzard would give yā€™all a response. What do bastion mains think about the possible changes?
35 ammo in Recon mode
Reverse spread in sentry (spread gets less the more you fire)

4 Likes

Console player here, Xbox one.
And yea, can confirm heā€™s garbage at nearly every rank without a dedicated team.

I think we all will take anything we can get at this pointā€¦

I dare call this more of a QoL Change list, Butā€¦ the possibility of reduced spread over time, could pose to make him much more useful for actually pressuring the enemy team.

Welcome to the thread btw! :smiley_cat:
Weā€™re always glad to have new faces and logical conversation.

4 Likes

I think with 20% lost on BLizzard/EA stock prices since Blizzcon, I expect more attention to fan favorite heroes that are not integral to OWL or ladder games. what that will take is up to the four winds.

3 Likes

I love how you italicized the logical part. That is actually everything.
The sad thing is, as a Mercy main, that I can actually 1v1 a bastion while heā€™s in turret, and kill him pretty reliably. What if he had some sort of mobility while in turret?

4 Likes

š“Øš“Ŗš“¼š“¼

What Bastion lacks isnā€™t mobilityā€¦ In my opinion.
As he has a unique playstyle, When entering Sentry Mode you are willing giving up mobility for one distinct reason:

• BIG DAMAGE POTENTIAL

Meaning, heā€™s supposed to kill faster than his enemies especially in close range.

The fact that many heroes such as mercy even can 1v1 a Sentry Bastion, Or even think toā€¦ Only shows how actually useless Sentry Mode currently is, for itā€™s obvious downsides.

Oh, and of course in my opinion it is supposed to reward positioning, map knowledge, and aim.

Yet, it cannot headshot, and deals so little damage that giving up said mobility only puts you at a clear disadvantage, with almost zero upside.

3 Likes