Bastion is being forgotten

As if bastion is some kind of a swimming pool

Dive somewhere else, this one is empty :confused:

BTW.

What if dive meta was a thing in like a season 3. Having old bastion.

would ppl realise how easy he can die when focused?

Good Bastion’s Could actually deal with dive meta pretty well… But with the new characters having been added?

Idk…

I still wanna see an “Old” Bastion go up against it tho.

Could Bastion be what we all need to finally kill dive?

High damage output, And area control is Bastion’s Design, After all.
If we got that back, I would bet on dive having trouble against it…

2 Likes

He should be a dive counter, cause they are just asking to die once they get close to you. OFC bastion wouldnt last long when focused but at least getting few kills would be fair.

Imagine sniping that flying winston. ahh good ol times

Sombra based comps sure would see a LOT More play, And offer Quite The hard counter, if done correctly.

So would Deathball Comps.

BUT. It would properly Counter dive.

Take Notes Blizzard.

Take Notes.

2 Likes

I remember a time when it was Actually Smart To be Careful as… Lets say… Widowmaker, when trying to poke at something like… Point B of Hanamura…
If a Bastion was Literally on the Point.

They couldn’t just set up and “Claim” The high ground uncontested.

Bastion could actually fight back.
Since Bullets, tend to hurt people.

I personally want to see this “Deadliness” Come back to Bastion.

Area Denial.

3 Likes

I can agree with that. But to be fair…

When does Bastion Win a 2v1?

When he is played in practice range.

:upside_down_face:

2 Likes

WHY AM I OUT OF LIKES.

Explain, Jeff.

I wanna like this. :crying_cat_face:

4 Likes

Umm… Lets not start complaining about getting killed 3v1… No hero in the game can survive that realistically. Being the target of a dive is what your team (TANKS!) are for.

Brig solo beats us in Recon, but if Bastion is in Sentry he is a hard counter to her. She can do nothing at all.

2 Likes

He loses in most 1v1s to tanks, which is supposed to be the ones he counters the most.

5 Likes

Its not about winning in 3v1 situation but at least getting one kill out of it.

2 Likes

Im surprised when ever i see a bastion being played by a genji main for example.

Its not “snap they have a bastion behind orisa”

Its more like "oh they have a bastion… oh its down."

iz gewd man :white_check_mark:

2 Likes

You are right of course. I still think it is fascinating how muvh matchups switch when you transform. I feel like tracer in sentry is 8-2 in her favor while in recon it is more 7-3

2 Likes

That’s honestly too much to ask for as well. If it’s a coordinated dive, it’s likely to shut you down. Were talking Brig here so Brig bringing two stuns stops you in your tracks from shooting, and the other two will be racking up the damage. It’s just not realistic to expect a kill without proper support if you are a dive target. No hero in the game can get that kill.

1 Like

Doomfist is another swap. He owns us in Recon, Sentry actually makes him a free pick.

1 Like

Whip shot is only a knockback/possibly a bit of reducing areal movement. It doesn’t stun people.

3 Likes

Unpopular opinion but I feel like Genji Bastion is 6-4 in genjis favor and 5-5 in recon.

And Bastion Rein is like 7-3 Bastion in Turret and 5-5 in recon. Then tank is almost 45-55 rein. Imo

1 Like

I would say that genji vs recon mode is much tougher when genji boi is close range spaming his RMB. You need to be precise while he shotguns his shurikens.

Death is imminent

Btw is that bastion head hitbox still on, right after he just transformed into a turret? I remember testing it out, and you could still crit shot with right tracking when his head was going down in trans animation. Tough to change on spot, when crit box is in the front of a turret before it gets moved to the back.

Needs further testing tho :white_check_mark:

2 Likes

I wonder if thats a bug that should be adressed??

I’ll test it tommorow when i make that megathread.

3 Likes