Bastion is being forgotten

My only fear with this is, Unless you have enough damage to keep them back anyway, You might just get pulsebombed/Otherwise ulted the Moment you try to transform…

Idk how i feel about Ult on E…

But imagine dodging pulse bomb by rocket jumping!

1 Like

Recon can be fun!

I enjoy swapping between sentry and recon instead of reloading.

Plus for some reason im on top 1% for headshots on Bastion this season for PS4. Don’t know if that means I have good aim or no one else uses recon. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Only if Tank mode Could “Tank” The damage… i almost Always get ulted before the transformation even finishes…

Well, how is it any different from swapping between any mode? Also it’d be 1 second instead of 1.5

1 Like

This would make bastion all around better, and it would add more playstyles!

Delightful! :smiley:

2 Likes

People think that an Ulting bastion is a threat, A lot more so than sentry, sadly…

So yea, usually if tracer hears me ult, She just blinks up and sticks me anyways.
Without Fear.

I am personally still of the thinking that Bastion needs to be Extremely Dangerous Up close.

If you get within ten meters of a Bastion, Without an Ult or Something You should at all times be chancing a Quick death.

1 Like

Im afraid if you moved Tank to E and made it, well, “tanky” you would have to either give up some damage or give up some mobility. And honestly I would rather be able to make it a place where I can’t be reached by said Tracer.

1 Like

Here before Terranguard saying: go check out the megathread.

xD

2 Likes

I personally would rather Bastion be tanky enough already, to not be hard countered by an ult used by the only character with the most movement in the game… :neutral_face:

Tracer should be able to deal a Lot of damage, yea… But just straight up deleting him?

Also, tracer and such should only ever really counter Bastion in a Flanking situation… As in, if the bastion is watching their back, And literally fire full force at them coming around the corner, They need to die.

Which is why i’m still fighting for a Sentry headshot/Bullet spread “Revert” Of sorts…

4 Likes

I would love having headshots back but like others have posted, Blizzard really doesnt do reverts, so it might be more realistic to look at something that hasn’t already been in the game unfortunately :frowning:

What if they moved scatter to bastion turret?

and add headshots.

And i personally stopped talking about what blizzard are “Willing to do” A long time ago.

They change their mind so often, it’s hard to tell WHAT they are “Willing” To do.

Bastion needs to be a Threat.
And yet, is one of, if not the only character who’s Literal bullets Physically cannot hit enemies in the head.

I get told a lot of things when playing bastion, One of which being:
“If your having trouble with flankers, just hide or run from them!”

And i cannot explain how angry this makes me.

No one plays as a Literal machine gun, To “Hide” Or “Run” From danger.

Bastion’s front line, High damage dealing, playstyle, is what he needs.

2 Likes

Just hide and click on their heads.

Ez lose.

xd

Bastion has a “Weak point” On his back, Which By design IS supposed to mean that up front, Bastion is The MOST Dangerous, But weak from Surprise attacks, and attacks coming from Directly behind.

Yet, i can’t remember the last time a tracer Actually attempted to “Flank” Me, They usually blink right up to you, And or ult you.
Without a second thought.

That in of itself proves bastion is Basically not a threat…
Let alone the numbers we all have to back up that claim.

In game, we don’t play “Numbers” We play, with playstyles, and strategies.
(As important as they are, Its just… different all together.)
Bastion went from being a Major threat once it got its feet dug into an area, To being a simple threat as long as you stand at least 20 meters away, or directly in its face, And can at shoot at it at all…

In a way, Bastion is Meant to counter high mobility, With simple high damage output. Assuming the bastion is a good player, with “Ok” Aim.

Why exactly can Tracer be rewarded for better aim, when the character Who has an entire MODE Based around aim alone, Actually Can’t. :thinking:

3 Likes

just make it do 120 damage like all the other explosions.

Seriously though, check it out :wink:

2 Likes

I didn’t play him much back during pre-rework but didn’t he play mostly in the backline?

Also wanted to clarify I am in disagreement in having more health and/or iron clad on the tank mode that is in the rework mentioned on the megathread.

But I appreciate you discussing it with me :slight_smile:

Bastion meta would be incredibly frustrating to play against. All tank mains better start saying their prayers if that happens.

What I gathered they try to avoid posting in posts this big because if they did it disrupts the discussion and generally turns into just hating on them. I think its because if they just let mains discuss among themselves they can get a feel for what the mains want and then they can work on their versions until something definite is coming along.

Normally bug fixes these days is a sort of confirmation from the devs that they agree, but have no real route for buffs/reworks yet. So Bastion mains keep discussing and I’m sure something will be good down the pipeline. I support y’all’s champ, hope to see what comes of it.

3 Likes

Why does everyone think we want him to be meta? We just want him to not be F tier. There are only about 7k Bastion players who play enough for Overbuff to even recognize them as players. 7k will make a difference but not meta defining.

5 Likes