Bastion is being forgotten

This is like telling a doctor that you have a certain health issue you read about on internet even tho he tells you its not even close to that.

1 Like

Apparently I can’t put links in here to prove that defense are made to kill people quickly, surprisingly I have to prove that when it’s written in the games class description

I came here with a notification of 178 new posts.

I hoped it was a reaction to some amazing new Official Blue Text.

Instead, it’s the lot of you arguing with one Winston main who has no experience playing Bastion and absolutely no intention of changing their mind?

Y’all are getting trolled.

5 Likes

put this button ` the one above tab before and after a link. It becomes unclickable and you can post it.

1 Like

Hey, at least its keeping the post alive.

am i right? :white_check_mark:

2 Likes

but it’s making the thread last longer and get bigger :3

5 Likes

Breaking News!
On a different note, for anyone just tuning in! :smirk_cat:

Our one and only ChibiFox :fox_face: is live on the scene of the Bastion Thread, Keeping a Sniper’s eye on the General consensus about balance…

This Just In! :studio_microphone::smiley_cat:

Bastion needs Headshots And Lower bullet spread!

We also have a Live Update here as well:
Genji Shimada is Still, Looking for healing.

Well, We’ll just have to see how these all pan out, Back to you at the Studio TerranGuard.

Tune in to the next segment: Tracer, or Genji? Who’s next of the nerfing block?

4 Likes

We have shown that Bastion can’t kill people quickly enough. His pick rate has proven that he is bypassed, and I brought up tracer to show that another hero does his special intended use better than he does with more to offer. Mei doesn’t kill people quickly wither so using the character classes is not a good way to tell us what our character actually does. We know what he does, and we know what he can’t do. The reality is that he needs a change, and you seem to only want that to never happen, without offering alternative changes that would work for your view of the game. You also refuse to accept that a 0.57 % pick rate is a bad thing.

6 Likes

I like I said with his deliberately niche design he would need some sort of rework to get him out of that gutter. Unless he fires sentry while moving he’ll always be on the low side. And we’ve seen op bastion before with beta bastion.

The only time he was “OP” when they gave him the so called amazing rework.

Theres no need for mobility if he can deal dmg like he used to. He was never overpowered and ppl gotta realize that.

2 Likes

They will someday my friend, they will someday…

I personally want my glass canon friend back.

5 Likes

They could at least make some changes for bastion on ptr, so we can test how OP he really is.

2 Likes

first off everybody was new in the beta so we have no idea exactly how powerful it would have been if we had it now.

and I’ve encouraged you to read my megathread, especially the rework section. Also if we had old sentry he doesn’t have to use it for as long to get worth out of it meaning if you’re a good Bastion you will be more mobile because you do not require sentry for as long each time you use it.

4 Likes

So much effort went into that thread and ppl still go
“but buffing a hero will make him OP!!”

Gimmie a break, we are aiming to get bastion to a better place, not to make him S-tier must pick.

Relax :white_check_mark:

PS. Its called MEGA thread for a reason.

3 Likes

People think the word buff means make someone a must pick. People have just had bad experiences with buffs like mercy or bastions rework, but this time we are giving reasonable change suggestions to make him better than be is but still not a must pick. They buffed Mei and Reaper, but will that make them a must pick? No. It helped them rely on themselves a bit better and not be so much of an F tier.

4 Likes

Amazing how one arguement almost doubles the amount of posts on this thread.

Ah well, keeps Bastion on the top of the feed :wink:

4 Likes

Ah, Bastion. This hero is pretty tragic, to be honest. I agree that he was a lot better on launch than he is now.

I imagine he must be giving Blizzard a bit of a headache. Just by virtue of how he works, I think he’s either doomed to be F-Tier or S-Tier, with no middle ground. If he’s good at what he does, he’s totally oppressive and unfair, and if he’s bad at what he does, he’s useless.

As bizarre as this sounds, I think he should get another mode. Or better yet, tweak tank’s damage and mechanics a bit, and just make it a thing he can do all the time, and give him something else as an ultimate.

At least then he’d have some variance in his play style.

3 Likes

This is part of my megathread that involves that.

6 Likes

It’s almost like the Megathread has a moderately decent compilation of community led ideas on how to fix him!

3 Likes

The only issue is actually figuring out how the keybinding should work.

1 Like