Bastion is being forgotten

Thanks for getting the name right!
Doesn’t happen often.

I’m in favor of a flight form on E (details on post 4064) as a new configuration. The point was so that he had three forms he could use depending on the situation.

Sentry with high damage and no mobility

Recon with medium damage and medium mobility

Appache(someone else suggested it) with low damage and high mobility

Drawbacks include it being annoying to console players and the amount of “Bastmercy” threads that would be created.

I’m not participating in that thread at all. I hate the idea, and I’m positive that it’s going to be an overall net nurf to Bastion if it’s implemented. We will lose even more sentry power for it. This thread seems to have at least 30% of it’s posting related to Tank on E anyway.

It’s a terrible idea, and it seems like all of you just want him to just be too good, such that you are overlooking just how powerful this is.

I don’t understand why no one wants to even try discussing my Jump from recon idea, with better buffs to sentry. Tank on E as an idea has completely taken over this thread in such a way that any other suggestions just get funneled to BUT HOW ABOUT TANK on E!?!?!

The only reason I wanted to move to that one is because it’s discussing this topic, and this thread is getting close to full. Pharah wanted a hundred or so posts left to be able to talk about the next megathread, so I was trying to respect that.

This Tank on E gives Sentry most of it’s power back. They’re not going to be willing to give it all back, that’s not what they want for Bastion. They don’t want him to kill everything quite as fast as he did before. They’ve made that clear. This gives him a much better damage profile than he has now, while also giving him more versatility.

Also note the backlash that restoring Sentry would have. I watched an interview of Fitzy about Sombra, and his thoughts on her were that if you put her in about the same spot that she was, people will just complain again, and she’ll end up right back where she was. This is pretty much the same idea that I have when thinking about Bastion buffs… I don’t want him to be gutted again, even if that means giving up some of what he had before for something new.

I have entertained the “Recon jump” idea, I entertained it again in the reply in the other thread. I don’t like it because it would feel somewhat cheap. Jumping to a ledge with Tank mode feels much better than just jumping as Doomfist. Also, some heights require more than one jump, which would be impossible with a simple jump button.

I have stated this multiple times. It is for BURST damage. No, it’s not primarily for damage. That does not mean that you can’t use it for damage. It is a good source of burst damage. Yes, it is meant for mobility reasons, but it is also meant for either taking out armor, or finishing someone off… If you have a Mercy AND a Zen, then you can one shot 200 HP targets with it. But that’s the same for almost all explosives. I have also stated that if it is too OP, then nerf the damage to 95. Still good for BURST damage, but you can’t 2 shot something across the map. I literally have a section dedicated to that in the post that you refuse to acknowledge.

Imagine if they replaced Soldier’s Helix Rocket with a jump on E. It would take a lot from his kit, while adding basically nothing. This gives Bastion a source of burst damage, and a jump ability in one package.

Blizzard have done ult swaps on multiple characters now (especially if you consider they’ve been playing around with it for Torb). Bastion seems like an even better candidate for that then everyone they’ve done it for so far. I’m just trying to get ahead, and make a good plan for if they do want to go that route. If we give them something to start with, they can make adjustments what they know we want instead of having to guess…

Except if the jump is tweaked, those jumps will work fine, you are still waiting for tank shells, and again just suggesting tank on E for positioning. I have yet to see anyone talk about it for it’s damage potential in here, ONLY positioning. So I’m just done. Good bye Bastion. I quit this.

I hope the thread will be open soon…

Why did you become so hostile so fast? Are you talking about this main thread? Because not all of it is the tank on E idea. The most liked idea is old spread and headshots but probably with some downsides like no ironclad.

What’s wrong with that? It just shows it’s popular. Would you rather people talk about reverting spread and headshots? Because that’s been talked about for probably a thousand or more posts.

it does 120 burst damage for those infuriatingly tiny heroes. It has the lowest damage potential from any form but the highest single shot burst damage.

What happened to you?

2 Likes

I just tested on both live and PTR to see how the new dropoff acted on damage values.
4500 damage, both PTR and live.
Used all 300 rounds, test dummy was strat’s rein barrier with 500% health.
The map was Volskaya, i was shooting from the highground bridge of B into his shield with him standing on the box (near the chokepoint, next to the giant pillar)

Is it too close or are those numbers just weird?

It’ll only take effect at 35 meters or more… I don’t think that’s 35 meters, but I could be wrong… It’ll be somewhat useful for things like Pharah, but not really all that much else… And she’ll still probably be unkillable, it only raises his damage per round by 3 at 55+ meters, from 5 to 8 (I think… It’s actually 4.5 to 7.5, but I think it would round that up)

You guys are going for that 5000 posts really fast, keep it up and let the rest know once we get a new thread.

Cant wait for new ppl to hop in on the bastion change discussion.:ok_hand:

5 Likes

I just had an interesting idea…

What if Recon… Never. Reloaded.
(Hear me out.)

What if recon worked in a Very Similar way to Doomfist’s Other Fist…
With a limited number of shots, that regenerate over a very short time, but could be “Burst Shot” Quickly for a slightly different effect?

So lets say… 20 Shots, But… They “Regen” After being fired…
Giving Bastion the feeling that they are constantly being reloaded internally.
(Damage being tweaked accordingly, of course)

Just a random idea… We don’t exactly even need changes to recon in the first place, AND I would hate to see the already cool Recon reload animation go, but… Could be an interesting thing to consider.

(Scrapes bottom of the barrel till i hit the concrete floor.)

3 Likes

It would take much more than a Recon buff to make Bastion viable. He needs a complete rework.

3 Likes

Oh… i know friend… i know.

as i stated:

1 Like

The only thing worse than incredibly high DPS is incredibly high DPS that has a tool kit that allows them to pop up in unexpected places. Jump-bombing into sentry mode with tank support like D.va would become broke as all hell because even tanks can’t survive long under direct fire from him.

At the bare minimum tank mode needs to lose it’s friendly fire because it’s nonsense that Junkrat and Pharah and D.va lost theirs but Bastion still has to walk on egg shells because he becomes less dangerous in tank mode if you’re point blank. I’ve one-shot people in tank mode but if they’re point blank I can do that and hurt myself at the same time.

1 Like

Would be nice if he had a tighter cone on his spread.

6 Likes

This part i agree with.

Hanzo is already this, and more.
Fite me.

Whenever i play either Shimadamada brother, i Literally Feel like i’m cheating. -.-

1 Like

( continues past the concrete creating a sinkhole. )

3 Likes

Bastion

• Can reload while self healing.

A change like this can help for sure with both modes. This is the minimum of changes I’d want. If they add headshots or lower spread in sentry a bit too then that would make him perfect.

I’m not sure on the reduced reload time for recon because if he can heal while reloading then its not needed.

4 Likes