Bastion is being forgotten

Was Brigitte’s shield harmed in the making of this video? Don’t think I wouldn’t notice!

Noice. :smiley_cat:.

That’s Basically Exactly what we need for Bastion.

Anndd… I am Out of Likes. -.-

2 Likes

Btw what do you guys think blizz will add to bastion this time as an event addition.

Not gonna lie i was super stoked when i first heard the track noise they added for tank form.

#keepemloudforbastion

1 Like

LOL I didn’t know what else I could use to indicate it, I was tempted to use rein but that would take ages and the number was too big compared to brigittes.

1 Like

Would the shield rotate as well if bastion looked up or would it be glued to the ground?

Its just like beta shield, in terms of it following where he looks. No 180 degree lock in case anyone thinks that

2 Likes

In your typical everyday qp match with a tracer, 4 pharas, couple of junkrats and a dozen of genjis, the bastion would be like:

"ha ha, i have a shield now!..

…and its gone."

ofc thats a joke,
But still it would be amazing to have some protection on tough days.

2 Likes

yea… in my Personal Opinion, With all the High damage abilities, 300 health might actually be a bit low… Easily Destroyed with high burst…

Perhaps more health on the shield, but slower Regen time?
(Meaning, more time needed in Recon, to regen the shield?)

Just imagine stopping at least one more junkrats projectile, or maybe even a pharah rocket, theres a chance you wouldnt trade kills. :smiley:

Delightful :ok_hand:

That’s how much HP Bastion has :stuck_out_tongue:

I feel like the point is not to help in big fights, that’s what a team is for, but more so to help out from abilities and 1v1s perhaps. A Widow shot, Hanzo scatter?, Roadhog hook, Dva missile burst. Etc you get the point. Otherwise it would be too op with more health, 2 tracer clips will probably make it super low, but surely you will be protected for those seconds of shield protection. It will make Pharah or Sombra more available for playtime since they seem like good counters against the shield. Even junkrat will still be good against it. Decent counters along with counters. When the shield is down then recon will have to happen. Encourages flankers to go in.

3 Likes

True, But unless it charges up fast enough to have for the Next time you get Dived onto, It wouldn’t last too long…

don’t get me wrong, i Love This idea…
But i would actually worry about it being too Squishy, if anything…
That is, Unless coupled with the Bullet spread and Headshot “Reverts”

Then, it would be Fine, of course. :smirk_cat:
It would mean Bastion would be a Glass canon again…
A Real Threat.

I’m glad we are keeping this thread alive, Also…

3 Likes

But imagine all those lower ranks (that never touched bastion) seeing him with a shield.

preposterous!

simply outrageous.

I could already see all them posts about bastion being “OP”.

1 Like

But they already post about Widowmaker And Mccree being op…

I doubt it would change much. X3

In my opinion, it’s actually Good To have higher threat characters, in a game with multiple skill Levels like this… it helps teach better playstyles, And reward good strategy…

Any strategy that goes beyond “Stand there and Shoot it dead” Such as, flanking.

2 Likes

Yeah I’m pretty in love with the idea and it has very good counters still available. If you were to think low ranks. I play on my alt account in gold and anytime I see or play bastion, he is still dealt with occasionally. The shield will have no big affect to those who cannot use it correctly. but anyone who can they will climb. People will say “oh but that’s op hes hard to deal with” That could be true but so are good Tracers and Genjis and Doomfists or good Reapers. It will really be no difference to fight him in team fights because its a 300hp shield destroyed in most likely 0.5 seconds. That’s if they use it wrong or at the wrong time. IT’s hard to explain what I’m trying to say but I hope you get where I’m coming from. Separating those who can use it right with those who cant.

Exactly this, they complain about other heroes being op. the amount of people complaining about tracer or Genji or even Widowmaker being op in low ranks sometimes. but they don’t change them because they are obviously good players and will climb. why shouldn’t Bastion players?

1 Like

Exactly!

If you play in Super Low Tier There are a Lot of people who are still learning, And yea… You have to play a Lot to even learn How to counter everyone…

Took me until level 200/400 to feel like i could Confidently go up against Another player in a 1v1… X3

(I actually use my pc acount to play with a friend of mine, They are in Bronze…
Actual 900 sr… And yea, Not only is it a bit Toxic down there, But No One has aim that can counter a Plat player… they are learning, But in my opinion, They Need to.
They don’t need to be forced out of that rank, Until they Climb on their own…
)

Aka, counters are good, Bastion needs a shield.

2 Likes

I’d be happy if they reduced sentry mode spread a little… Maybe not down to the pin point it used to be, but a small change there would make it much harder to dive him.

2 Likes

It always bothered me people complain in low ranks like “oh reaper is too op he carried the game, bastion couldn’t be killed!” but then that means either

A) the players skill in terms on aim, positioning, or even knowledge of the enemy is really good.
or
B) Your team wasn’t coordinated enough or skilled enough against the matchup. or vise versa where their team was way more coordinated than your team.

People besides Genji, Tracer, or Widow should be able to climb if they have the skill.

3 Likes

I noticed that many non bastion mains just dont have an opinion about all this, too bad.

:confused:

Just proves how many players do actually care about omnic roboboi.

Adding on to like “Oh if its like a 2v1 against McCree and say soldier, then he’d win for sure because of the shield.” But if bastion was able to keep his shield hp , he deserves to use that ability to his advantage, since the team wasn’t able to poke him enough to use that shield or move. If someone like tracer can use her abilities to casually get a triple kill perhaps then the people she was up against were not as good as her or she was better than them for the rank. The shield lasts for 4 seconds and if he lowers it, 2 second delay to put it back up. Counter play is still there.