Bastion is being forgotten

HI! I Totally Didn’t sleep in today or anything…

Are you people telling me that Hammond is… Playable?

2 Likes

On the PTR, yeah

2 Likes

WELL CRAP.

Guess i’m a hammond main now.

1 Like

He’s basically the Droideka idea, but he has marshmallow guns… Kinda like Bastion…

3 Likes

Good to know…

So… before i play him, Is he a better Bastion?

1 Like

hes old sentry with doomfists shields and a load of mobility

1 Like

More mobile, basically no damage output…

Bastion counters him pretty darn hard

He has 125 base DPS, but he can actually shoot people… soo…

4 Likes

He flies has better health a health ability he knocks people back has basically old sentry spread so very, very close to being a better Bastion but his damage isn’t the same even up close. Oh and he has a ground pound, I keep forgetting about that.

3 Likes

Actually… I think i love this.

He may not deal HUGE Damage like Bastion is supposed to, But… A Little known secret about me is…

I Kinda used to be a D,Va main for a couple seasons.

I LOVE The dive in, Deal damage, Dive out, Kinda Tanks.

1 Like

His mobility is insultingly strong, not to mention he can deal heavy damage with it, and put up a stupidly massive shield and get out unscathed… it’s absurd.

2 Likes

Although this is also what people originally said about Doomfist… >.>

2 Likes

Doomfist would be ridiculously overpowered too, if not for the fact that he is uncontrollable basically.

Attacking first point on Gibraltar, high ground from top spawn door is insanely quick. Just canon ball drop on enemies and pile up 500 armor minimum.

People who get good with Hammond are going to be Terrifying… O-O
And i’ll be one of them…

1 Like

I would actually love bastion to have Hammond’s gun in sentry, I’d trade the hitscan for that level of accuracy and like 250% more damage on it…

4 Likes

3x dive tanks and Brigitte, mercy and Lucio for some maps. Swap Lucio for zen max deletion.

1 Like

That’s exactly what he is I’m afraid

1 Like

I haven’t played this game in quite a while, only on occasion dropping in to see where it’s moving, and as someone that really liked bastion, I’m pretty displeased about him just being forgotten.

I really hope this doesn’t sound too mean spirited or anything, because I really appreciate the Overwatch developer team, but I get the feeling that ever since the rework that made him mental and gave the entire community PTSD - I feel like the devs don’t wanna bother with him because it would be too much effort at a too high risk of displeasing people.

Which is a real, real shame. I love bastion, but I am pessimistic about the Overwatch developer team taking action given the community’s general vibe about him seems to be very, very negative, only due to that rework :frowning:

Let’s hope for another one, because he deserves it.

5 Likes

So… Both times i’ve tried to play Hammond in the PTR I have crashed. o-o
This isn’t looking so great. lol.

One of them was a “Driver has been lost” Error. -.- Thought i got rid of that one…

1 Like

I’m legit gonna latch myself onto the payload and just spin to win once Hammond comes out on console

1 Like