Bastion is being forgotten

Bastion’s definition is excessive though.

3 Likes

Yeah, I was saying 35 because a fair number of people think that’s what it normally is because of the incorrect wiki. Even if it was 35, he would still do less damage per second with his current kit than Reaper and Hanzo in the best case scenario. And without best case scenario, he doesn’t have anywhere near the best DPS in the game…

1 Like

Assuming it’s my variation on the Tank on E idea, he would only have 35 r/s while overclocked… Normally he’d still be at 30. So it’s normally 450 (675 with headshots), and the ult makes it 525 (787.5 with headshots)…

I also updated the rework slightly… changed the bloom to

• Bloom added to weapon
    • Initial accuracy of 0.75°, bloom starts after 0.5 seconds of continuous fire
    • Reaches 2° after 1 second of additional continuous fire

For comparison, Soldier’s bloom takes 0.44 seconds to start (4 bullets), this would take Bastion 0.5 seconds to start. Soldier gets to max in about a second from what I can tell, but it’s kinda hard to test…

Maybe 0.25 or 0.3 seconds would be better…

Actually, I think I do like 0.3 better… That’s 9 bullets, which is 135 damage, or 202.5 with 1.5x headshots…

Terran, every time I messaged you about winning as Bastion in Ranked FFA, I got the same exact BS every time.

I know i’m super late to this comment too, but I find it nice to know Seagull more so parroted my proposed commentary on Bastion. Headshots back, Tank on E would turn him into a sniper, and be OP, and that he’s currently a fat soldier.

1 Like

Bump… Still no Bastion love.

3 Likes

To be fair, all he knew was a weaker version of Tank. He probably assumed infinite ammo still…

It would allow him to hit snipers, yeah, but not kill like they can… I wouldn’t even be upset with falloff in normal tank mode and then removed in overclock

Yeah, I kinda like a “maximim range” where if it goes further than that, it drops to 75 damage on direct. Overclock would remove that restriction though.

3 Likes

He said tankmode on E would need to be thoroughly looked through so he doesn’t become an OP sniper.

What if it was not a tank shell bullet type but a shotgun spread sgt. hammer like?

so you switch to a tank to shotgun enemies away from you dealing dmg, plus you could always “rocketjump” i guess.

or you could always try to give tank something else, like a sabot shell, smaller dmg almost no explosion, so he ends up being kinda a hanzo lul. roast me chat.

2 Likes

But why though? A tank shell is fine people just can’t handle when a projectile hero hits you when you’re standing still a million miles away when they have plenty of time and room to dodge it.

1 Like

I played Mei in the beta, and I could pretty easily outsnipe Widow with her secondary, which probably shouldn’t happen… it’s not a 1 to 1 comparison because Mei’s projectile is faster, but I can definitely see Blizz thinking it would be too much for him to snipe people from that far away…

I don’t think you quite realize how little time there is to avoid Tank mode’s shots… It’s not like the Ult never hits anyone. Lots of people in here have a truly underwhelmed view of how strong Tank Mode actually us currently. There is a reason I and Seagull instantly thought he would become a sniper. It’s consistent and fast unless it becomes another Phara Rocket, which defeats the point. Tank Mode for rocket Jumping is way over compensating for just giving him a JUMP ability in Recon.

2 Likes

her Icicle could oneshot before correct? A nerfed tank shell at 120 damage or something won’t do that because it can’t headshot.

150 damage on a headshot, that didn’t change, they just gave her falloff

a projectile isn’t sniping. It can be dodged so do it. You can see it and predict it. It is fast but you wouldn’t believe how many shots like that I’ll land because they’re standing perfectly still and not dodging while I’m ulting.

It’d prefer to go with the theme of transformation and just let him use any of his 3 transformations.

I still can’t understand how you can say that it’s dodge able. You can’t react to bastion shells, and I would love to once again demonstrate it in a custom game. We can compare their speed to Hanzo if you like, but I believe they are very similar.
I also think 3 transformations would make the character a bit too clunky overall when this game is way more about streamlined game play. He can go to tank at any moment while it’s on Q form any state, and that’s fine as it is, making it a sliding scale of states would make him a bit too much to manage.

it’s a projectile of course you can. If you’re “sniping” you’re far enough away to dodge it.

But that would be what makes him unique. Not being “clunky” but having the ability to change his strengths and weaknesses.

2 Likes

I agree with that part. You probably could at long range, but I don’t think it would be reliable enough…

According to one wiki (though they can only really be trusted so far…), Tank shells move at 60 m/s, and a fully charged arrow moves at 100 m/s… Then again, that same wiki says Mei’s projectile moves at 120 m/s, and I don’t think she’s faster than Hanzo, though I haven’t really tested that ever…

If he has his ultimate up…? And if you just use it whenever, you’re wasting an ultimate for a couple jumps…

Not sure what you’re on about here… If you’re saying they’d need more animations, they’d only need Tank to Sentry. They already have Recon to Sentry, Recon to Tank, Sentry to Recon, Sentry to Tank, and Tank to Recon.

1 Like

If Tank on E is a thing, then the damage has to be toned down to be more in line with Pharah’s rockets (120). Then there wouldn’t be an issue of Bastion 1 shotting heroes, and you’d know he’s coming if you see him peeking out in tank form, the sound his cannon makes, and the large chunk of health one would lose if they were unaware.

For the case of his cannon shells being unavoidable, they’re definitely avoidable at long range, the range Bastion would most likely be utilizing the cannon would be at close to mid range, if they hit you at long range then you didn’t move from your position.

2 Likes

Yeah, they’d be reduced to 120, and the splash would go from 40 - 85…

I think the issue with the sniping would be him doing a bunch of damage on a projectile about double the speed of a Pharah rocket…

That may also be true… I haven’t really tested trying to dodge them at longer range, I’m not sure how easy it is… I guess I should probably do that.

2 Likes