Bastion is being forgotten

Does anyone else not like playing solider because you are so use to using Recon Bastion’s gun? It feels sooo much better imo.

But I am probably one of a handfull of Bastion mains that enjoys recon. :slight_smile:

Whenever I have to swap to Soldier, I feel so much more effective with his Pulse Rifle than with Bastion’s Recon Rifle. Zenyattas, Pharahs, and other small, distant targets actually have to fear me.

2 Likes

I have the reverse happen. I find it harder to hit people consistenly at a distance with 76. I think its easier to be a threat with McCree at range then 76.

76’s rifle is clunky imo.

But thats my own opinion from my experince. Interesting to hear others though. :slight_smile:

That’s kind of useless though considering he’s built to hold down LMB right now. That’s why they gave him 300 ammo.

4 Likes

I want the pre rework TTK. Currently, even with his massive dps, it’s not enough. If he had good spread, maybe, but he just doesn’t do enough damage vs tanks before they kill him.

3 Likes

I feel like there are four main camps for a Bastion Buff.
Camp 1
Buff Bastion’s TTK while nerfing his mobility. (Revert Sentry)
Camp 2
Make Bastion tankier while not touching anything else. (300hp shield)
Camp 3
Make Bastion more mobile in Recon. (Slow wall climb)
Camp 4
Make Bastion more adaptable (ie. The Rework mentioned on Terrangaurd’s Megathread)

I’m cool with all 4 tbh

Did I miss anything?

3 Likes

Welcome to Blizzard my friend.

As a Bastion main myself it’s all about being nothing and people telling me to switch as soon as something Very slightly bad happens

4 Likes

First of all, Welcome to the Thread! Always nice to hear from another Bastion main :slight_smile:

Isn’t obnoxious when you are the only one on fire and have golds and they ask you to swap midway through the attack. So you take Mercy and still have gold damage and elims at the end and you loose.

Had that experince the other day. Was beyond frustrating :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

We have to just keep in mind they wont revert sentry most likely. Almost every mercy player wants old rez back but I’m certain as hell they aren’t going to want to do that. The best they can do is buff his damage and/or lower his spread around 10%. Id still like tank mode on E because that will open so many opportunities for mobility. Tracer on low ground? rocket jump to a high ground. etc. And his new ult can be a siege mode, who knows.

2 Likes

People complained about mass rez being OP, nobody except bronze/silver complained about old Bastion.

Mass rez was seen as OP therefore they are very unlikely to revert to it.

Sentry was not seen as OP therefore they are a little less likely to revert it.

4 Likes

Yeah but they have that mindset of “its a bad experience for lower ranks and a bad experience to the bastion player at high ranks” or something similar.

The legends say that if this thread is kept alive and well by the loyal followers of the Bastion Clan that one day a orange lettered post will appear and will hold great joy or sorrow.

3 Likes

Sorry I’ve been a bit inactive, it’s that I’ve been busy this past week and even got a tempban on the forums for being falsely reported by hat-mobbing Dva mains…

Anyways I’m back and I’m glad to see this thread is still relevant. It kinda proves my title correct when the other F-tier heros are being buffed but Bastion is just left here untouched. I actually can’t even edit the OP since a mod locked me out for using some sort of language.

Either way, Bastion needs justice since his nerfs, and it’s been far too long where he’s been left untouched.

6 Likes

Welcome back! :slight_smile:
Everyday the thread gets bigger and bigger so hopefully one day we will see that orange text on this thread :smile:

So thanks for posting it and I am glad your ban is over.

5 Likes

They fixed the Tank bug on the PTR for a start. Let’s just hope they do something more about him.

5 Likes

Yes it’s encouraging to see that they at least acknowledge Bastion’s existence

6 Likes

It’s good that Bastion bug fix is on the ptr, it means that they have at least stumbled upon this board and are willing to do things for the guy.

3 Likes

That about sums it up.

I doubt that Bastion is ever going to get reverted to anything like his old deadliness or beta-level toughness, which leaves only flexibility. Even additional mobility is giving him more flexibility, really.

Blizzard’s goal is generally to create as much counterplay as possible. Giving Bastion more flexibility allows people to be more creative with him, and forces opponents to be creative when dealing with him. The more creative people are forced to be against Bastion, the more rewarded they feel when they kill him.

3 Likes

So you feel camps 3 and 4 are more likely then? Or atleast addressing the main idea of those camps.

I dont feel like wall climbing will do much, enemies can still harass a bastion thats sitting on the high ground while he cant even do much against them (one hook and there goes the vertical voyage, wall-climb itself wouldn’t bring a lot of skill to bastion in my opinion.

2 Likes