Bastion 3.0 rework concept

Then you haven’t played Bastion. Hanzo does it first try all the time. you can’t do anything about it. Same with anyone that doesn’t have falloff.

Which is why I changed it so it didn’t copy Soldier’s weapon almost exactly and instead gave it much better accuracy and range at the cost of less ammo per clip

No it’s actually pretty much worse. Lower ammo is bad and burst firing is something Soldier can already do. One extra bullet per burst isn’t going to help a whole lot if you run out of ammo too quickly. His spread was too big and his ammo was too low and that’s why it was underpowered before.

Absolutely love it.

Post must be at least 20 characters

1 Like

Allows Bastion to see silhouettes of enemies through allies (all forms)

is this some kind of rinnegan 's mechanism or something?

Recon’s spread kicks in after the first bullet is fired. Soldier’s kicks in after 3. The point here is that you can deal more burst fire from a longer range, making it so his ridiculously large hitbox isn’t as much of an issue. Soldier excels in midrange combat, while Recon would almost serve a more McCree-like role

As long as Sentry is Playable In the end, i’ll be happy.

I can at least make Recon kinda work when i Absolutely Need To.

1 Like

What’s a rennigen mechanism?

I don’t think it needs reduced ammo. Screw it being like Soldiers gun I want my bullets!

Would you be cool with the other Recon changes if he had 25 rounds?

Yes. Because it’s only really changing when his bloom starts.

Honestly, I don’t really see a need to change Recon at all… Yeah, it’s spread control isn’t the best in the world, but his max spread is pretty small… I think it feels really good now.

My reason for changing Recon was to make sure Tank didn’t overshadow it as an offensive and mobility option. If you just have a big Soldier with worse spread, there’s no reason to use it over Tank. This way, Recon has a defined function that differentiates it enough from both Soldier and Tank so that neither of them overshadow Recon

Yeah, I guess that makes sense…

1 Like

I would love this, I love playing bastion and this would make him more fun :smiley:

1 Like

Definitely seems better than current Bastion, but after Mercy I’m paranoid about making ults into regular abilities.

Do you think this would be a useful E ability instead?

Adhesive Gel Bomb

Fire a projectile filled with a substance that sticks to enemies, interfering with attacks until they blow it out/off of their weapons. The projectile can be detonated to coat all nearby enemies with this substance as well as enemies below the detonation point.

• Projectile flies in a straight line and sticks to the first surface it hits
  • Detonation is player-controlled, can be detonated in mid-air
  • Gel released from detonation spreads out then falls until it hits a surface
  • Falling gel passes through barriers and cannot be stopped by Defense Matrix (but can be stopped by Ice Wall and other things that block hero pathing)
  • Falling gel causes enemies it touches to be covered in gel for up to X seconds
  • Gel covering enemies’ weapons absorbs all their ranged attack damage and half their melee damage before they can harm your allies; the gel can absorb up to X damage in this manner before being blown off prematurely

This would be effective against enemies with relatively low DPS, like snipers (who could otherwise peak Bastion with ease) and several divers (allowing Bastion to protect backline support from them). It would not be so effective against enemies with high sustained DPS (like Reaper or Bastion himself), but such heroes are currently struggling anyway.

This rework kind of reminds me of druid from world of warcraft but would be cooler if the transformations meant more than just different weapons .

Um… what? In what real life do Bastion units exist that you know how many bullets they carry in real life?

Those five bullets are the breakpoint between killing and not killing an unhealed tank without reloading. If Recon is to be a viable damage mode especially with the 2-second reload timer, it needs those 5 bullets to even try to compete. There’s a reason Recon was buffed to 25 from the previous 20 bullets in Bastion’s rework.

1 Like

then i dont see why you want him buffed. he has the best dps out of everyone.

Actually he doesn’t… Hanzo and Reaper have a higher potential DPS than Bastion.

Hanzo does 560 DPS with 4 headshots with Storm Arrows
Reaper does 560 DPS with 2 headshots

Bastion only does 450 DPS in a perfect scenario (so point blank, all of his shots hit). If you’re assuming a perfect scenario for him, then you have to assume a perfect scenario for everyone…

4 Likes