Bastion’s at 100% winrate in gm

in like what? 3 games?

60 is a very different number from 8000 lol

2 Likes

You still haven’t figured it out? :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

It’s still super funny that Bastion’s supposedly “best meta”, double shield, is one where he still just not played at all

2 Likes

exactly, it’s just like symmetra too! this is sym’s best meta yet she is barely being played

Well no, not in GM. It’s fine to pull out the popularity argument when referring to ranks below GM but in GM (and even Masters) players don’t play their favourite heroes or popular heroes amongst the playerbase. GM players play the heroes that they think will increase their chances of winning.

This is also why most METAs often start in GM. They’re the ones that are usually trying to find and play the Most Effective Tactics Available.

Meanwhile, winrate is problematic because it is highly depend on pickrate.

Titanium also explains it well:

I mean according to Cowboy players, the winrate always means McCree is underpowered. So Bastion must be OP.

1 Like

Misusing/reading statistics is not exclusive to forums, in general people are very good at doing it when it conforms to their views

1 Like

Yeah the whole winrate argument is flawed in general. I mean, I guess to some extent it can be helpful? But honestly pickrate is just so much better to look at. Though neither are perfect.

its not that i haven’t figured it out, i just find the idea of a smurf for the forums very funny

So, so, so many people missed the point of this post hahahaha

what does that mean? Teach me!

It means sarcasm =]

2 Likes

Symmetra isn’t meta because she needs team play all the time so only OWL uses her. Bastion is because he is meant to be trash and just a pick to make everyone in the lobby cringe. Very rare niche pick

1 Like

If they’re free, They’re free

Not the case typically, least played heroes tend to have inflated winrates due to insufficient data or lack of usage, and also Overbuff is a inconsistent source of data in itself since it’s not from Blizzard.

1 Like

yeah that’s why i don’t believe everything on overbuff, but i found it funny how he’s at a 100% winrate because literally no one is playing him

1 Like

Yea … I’m pretty sure the average person doesn’t even understand that much about statistics.

1 Like

bastion is the biggest proof that the OW team had no real intention of balancing every hero in the first place lol.

I mean what an all over the place mess of a hero.

Post count reduced to 5000
Icon changed to default
Name no longer has caps on it
Ability to talk on discord is now forced
Can no longer mute mic
Can no longer type on discord, only voice

3 Likes