Baptiste is Great- Can We Change Mercy Now?

yeah. it’s pretty great for an introduction into “main healer” role. Learning when to heal, and when to dps, and when to wholly disengage. I think Moira’s kit is the best way to do this while still being forgiving to aim.
i dont think there’s anything wrong with low aim heroes

Alright, so this was my first post in the thread.

I gave you a source where a dev explains why they made the changes to Mercy, and the emphasis is on undesirable behaviour (hide ‘n’ rez) and being anti-fun (having teamwork undone), as well as giving Mercy an “e” ability. This wasn’t because of Game Theory, they wanted to make Mercy more fun to play with and against.

Making Mercy’s yellow noodle do pitiful healing would be anti-fun. So, again: leave well enough alone.

I don’t consider 45 healing pitiful at all. And I think giving her more agency In her movement and abilities give her a place to explicitly grow because the value isn’t flat like healing is. Emphasizing her mobility, and utility left to her own autonomy gives the player fun, and the enemy an opportunity to outplay her on equal terms and not merely have to outplay the aspect of “auto heals”

Let’s just let this thread dies. The idea will never be implemented anyway. I don’t think it’s a good idea to keep feeding trolls.

Then leave my thread. False accusations of trolling is not appreciated nor appropriate

remove the only counter she has?

For healing… Yes? She offers no utility and it’s an orb. Not tied to the physics of Moira, she herself is boopable, and nade still negates it like… It’s a heal orb. Moira has no utility. Why can’t her niche output be strong unmitigated healing when she literally offers NO utility?

I keep reading posts in this thread and I just don’t understand WHY you want this? Because of her lack of utility? That doesn’t in itself define a main or off-healer.

Your definition of a “main healer” is… different than many other’s and not one I would use.

Mercy heals a lot to a single target and has utility and has a REZ AND has to swap off her healing so she can do damage so she mostly is never going to be able to do damage, this all in itself really makes her a Main Healer in my eyes.

Moira? She has healing and damage and can juggle what she is doing. You ignore the fact that her orb stays out, so she can be doing damage while healing or doing burst healing or a good amount of damage. She is a main healer, because of her numbers alone, if they drop how much she healed but increased how much damage she did she would be an off-healer.

Also your idea of a “mostly healing off-healer” is an oxymoron and literally makes no sense. An Off-healer is a character who can heal when it is needed/apply weak healing overtime to keep people stable but is doing something else (damage/cc) when it is not needed, because the Main Healer is keeping everyone else/the main target alive.

This is why Mercy is a main healer. She may, mainly, focus one target but she can not usually afford to swap off her staff to help with damage and she is best at flying around the field and healing her allies, rezzing someone, or damage boosting a target (then swiftly switching to healing them if they get hurt), most of her function comes from healing and supporting she is in no way an off-healer, especially in massive team fights where she has to make quick decisions and is almost 100% of the time healing. Her mobility helps her do this job better and in no way removes her from the designation of “main healer”.

I think I kind of understand why you see her as one, maybe, because she is mainly focused on one target but again she can quickly get around and heals quickly enough to keep people just topped enough to switch swiftly between targets.

Finally, you have said that no one has given you anything but their own preference when refuting your idea. Not only is this false, but it is also hypocritical. You are so stuck in your own idea and opinion, and of the idea that you are correct, that you disregard anything any one says to you because, again, you think you are correct.

1 Like

because she hard counters genji and softcounters about most heros of the game and is top tier in the low ranks

… I’m not saying her dmg orb. Just heal. And Lucio outheals her,and granted, the win rates of lower ranks is skewed, has a higher win rate than Moira. I think that healing is fine.

healing? welp, what about this:
change damage orb into something less frustrating and then let both orbs go through?

Trend not formula per say. Mercy will always be one of the top healers, Rez(IMO), Valk and according to some DMG boost are her biggest flaws. She could easily could get more utility to make her better. But, after what happened a year or two back with the four iterations we had over like 6 months. I don’t think that’ll happen any time soon.

I wouldn’t favor a dmg exception to Moira for defense matrix. It’s for defense. A low dmg orb still kills a low health enemy.
But yeah, I’m talking just healing for Moira here.
That defense matrix shouldn’t eat an ally harmless projectile.

I highly agree. I dont like anything that takes away from hero agency. I currently favor a hard rework, but I think restructuring her takes precedence.

Even if Jeff read this and was like, “guys… I have seen the light. And clearly n7 warrior is a game design God and needs to have their wish granted”
I would not expect this restructure to occur for another 4 months , and a hard rework looking at 6-10

Oh my. :nauseated_face:

1 Like

I literally had a like full response to your other comment, but I now see my view will never get passed your bias since an explicit joke was apparently too much. Your opinion has been noted and taken into account

Just wanted to add here that while I dont see eye to eye with N7 on most things, he is no troll, nor is he trolliing in this thread

1 Like

It’s so funny. You and I have discussed at length my view about the basic concept of healing for mercy, I cite this to demonstrate my willingness to change, and somehow I’m so set in my ways, that a literal 180 on my opinion of healing is evidence of trolling :woman_shrugging:t5:

There’s been no trolling

{shrug}