Baptiste does too much damage

I like Bap but I have no idea why he’s allowed to do as much damage as he does.

He has easy access to high ground which is part of his kit, I understand but he does way too much damage.

3 Likes

If course he does, everyone wanted supports to contribute more actively to team fights and not heal bot behind shields, so supports are now DPS with heals.

14 Likes

Supports shouldn’t be heal bots, that being said Bap does too much damage.

3 Likes

Let me guess, you lost a recent game to one that was particularly good and unchallenged. You couldn’t adapt. Thus you lost and came here to declare he does too much damage.

15 Likes

Maybe Awkward is doing an unranked to gm on Baptiste again and just dropped 75 elims

2 Likes

I’ve always thought they made his rifle burst-fire as a way to make his damage potential feel more restrictive compared to Soldier- in keeping with the typical Support Primary handicaps- but the reality is it doesn’t make that much difference.

3 Likes

I like playing Bap it’s not too hard to get used to his burst, if they’re using it as a balance tool the recoil should be increased.

… Are you posting using Internet Explorer? Season 7 was months ago.

Jokes aside, I don’t think Baptiste has been particularly problematic. Yes, he has high damage potential, but with the increased health pools as well as DPS passive giving the DPS role an edge in combating sustain, he isn’t as crazy as he once was.

Additionally, if we were to tweak Baptiste, I would much rather they change his survivability like make Regen Burst’s double-when-critical effect no longer self-apply, or give Exo Boots a cooldown, but his damage potential is part of what makes him engaging to play, and I think it’d be a misstep to cull that.

3 Likes

I feel like we traveled back in time

Spooky

He hasnt been that great since they buffed projectiles and added the damage passive.

Hes a big target for a support and the damage passive is better than his.

3 Likes

Or, maybe, just mb, give damage role actual damage numbers to outdamage supports.

1 Like

Should they buff utility to keep the balance then? Like the utility Ana provides with sleep and nade (most hated ability on these forums), Kiri does with suzu (second most hated ability), Zen does with discord (third most hated ability) and Bap does with immo field (fourth most hated ability)?

Personally, I’d be fine with damage going down to 23 or 24 per bullet.

Ah, I see the too much damage argument have moved from Moira to Bap now

6 Likes

the reality is his ttk is even lower than soldiers (if the soldier doesnt hit right click).

main problem of bap is that he can heal and do damage without losing out on either. they have to nerf his recovery time if alternating the 2 so that bap loses healing if he weaves in leftclicks

2 Likes

No way. It’s bad enough that Ana’s game loop can be held hostage by mad feeders. We don’t need to send Bap down that path. If he does too much damage, then just nerf the damage; don’t turn his gameplay into janky sludge.

Also, they did something like this with April Fool’s Mercy and it felt awful.

zen mains could say the same about the discord nerf. but it was necessary.
in terms of gameplay philosophy, why is a support allowed to both do damage and heal at the same time basically? all other supports have to choose which one they prioritize in any given moment. but a bap can just spam both in the same frequency than if they just did one or the other.

and dont get me wrong: always enjoyed playing bap and im a support main. id rather have baps damage be staying impactful and strong but have his alternating fire strat nerfed.

however, i doubt the devs are looking at bap tbh. his winrate across all ranks, particularely the lower ones doesnt seem out of control and so for the devs, he probably seems fine even though on paper and played to maximum efficiency he might not be.

2 Likes

Baptiste is in a very, very good spot I feel. He is arguably the most powerful support, but due to the lack of his mobility and long cooldowns his team synergy is pretty pathetic to the point where for most of his lifetime he’s always been cast aside for more versatile heroes such as Ana and Kiriko.

Anytime rush or dive is very popular Baptiste is generally not popular. There are several variatns of dive/rush that don’t rquire baptiste. He’s better on say Illari/Bap/Sigma

1 Like

They have that already.

2 Likes

Yep; he’s best in poke comps for obvious reasoning of being a bursty hitscan with high and consistent healing throughput on top.