Baptiste - Developer Q&A

Is Baptiste aligned with Overwatch or is he playing more by his own rules of how he wants to help people. Do you think Overwatch would accept Baptiste as a member?

Is Baptiste the informant of Soldier 76?

3 Likes

What kind of relationship does Baptiste have with reaper and moira. We have heard that Bap has “the devils own luck” which seems the hearken back to Reaper. Also, being the other “Talon support” he would likely have a professional relationship with Moira, are they on good terms (like genji and mei) or adversarial like Mercy and McCree?

4 Likes

Do you fear that Baptiste could be too strong in bunker comps or pirate ship comps?

1 Like

Hi! Thanks for taking time to talk to the community! <3
Who was Baptiste closest to in the Overwatch cast? Was he friends with any of them? Rivals?

2 Likes

Why is Baptiste have french origins despite being from Haiti?

Were Baptiste’s abilities structured around being a good fit for his character and story - or were his abilities, like the immortality field, already considered by the design team ahead of time, and did they influence the direction of his design?

2 Likes

What happened to cuerva and the rest of her team after they went to capture Baptiste? In the talon report letter that was posted it said they were missing.also what is cuerva’s first name?

4 Likes

Who was Baptistes handler or Superior in Talon?

His backstory makes it seem that he was a regular “grunt”, but the Cuerva report makes it look like Baptiste was a tad more important to the organization.

1 Like

How great would it be if Widow and Baptiste had french interactions.

1 Like

Hey they are finally starting to try and communicate with use, please put this not fair nonsense to rest. #stillwaitingonzenlore

4 Likes

Hi, I appreciate the new hero.

I couldn’t help bot notice that he’s a war orphan who vowed to help people because of his own tragic childhood.

This is an interesting parallel to Mercy’s similar backstory. Was there a connection there in the creative process?

Is there a specific defining moment why he decided to leave Talon?

1 Like

Has Baptiste met any of the current talon members on the hero roster? Ex: sombra widow Moira

does Sombra still keep tabs on Baptiste? were they “friends”, or did Sombra join Talon after Baptiste left?

2 Likes

Does Baptiste have a important relation to anybody? Like does he know who Sombra or Reaper is based on being part of Talon? Maybe he even talked to Sombra once could imagine a interaction between him and her in their Talon uniforms.

3 Likes

Does Baptiste have a connection to Vishkar with his lamp and will he have a connection/ interaction with Symmetra?

This isn’t the first time they’ve done this. They did this with Brigitte when she came out.

Why does Baptiste have several French voice lines? I thought he was Caribbean. Would that not be a different language? (Sorry, I do not know much about Europe.)

Which talon member favoured him the most?