Baptiste - Developer Q&A Answers

Mercy’s love triangle with Pharah and Genji just became a quadrangle!

2 Likes

So hype to play baptiste im on pc

So what you’re saying is we have four Junkers now?

4 Likes

Thanks for the answers. Was looking forward to a response to my question, but that’s fine.

I fixed it. Btw, what does “friends” mean?

5 Likes

Does this mean it’s not supposed to boost hitscan or do you count hitscan bullets as projectiles?

4 Likes

The Immortality Field has many disadvantages compared to other support ultimates

Valkyrie? It makes you easier to kill, makes it harder to use resurrect, and it has a casting time for no reason.

Why does this logic apply to Baptiste but not to Mercy?

7 Likes

In this context, I think they’re including hitscan and collectively calling them “projectiles” to distinguish it from beams like Zarya, Winston, Symmetra, and Mei, Melee like Reinhardt, Brigitte, and everyone’s quick melee, and assorted other exceptions like Roadhog’s hook or Lucio’s boop.

2 Likes

Okay, you made me laugh

1 Like

My inner French is triggered.

7 Likes

Yay! Sombra has a friend! ^-^

7 Likes

Oh man… most of those lore answers were a little underwhelming…

Thanks, I guess :sweat:

1 Like

This is lame. Let’s get a Q&A regarding the quality of this game, where it’s going, and how Blizzard intends to improve competitive.

4 Likes

About the immortality field if used inside a building would it go through the ceiling? Just something to keep in mind.

1 Like

Lets be honest, at this point everyone is trying to get in Mercy’s jumpsuit. #MoicyIsBest

One she didn’t have to blackmail! :smiley:

4 Likes

Thanks for this! I hope we can see more in the future.

Back in 2016 Gamespot quoted Michael Chu: “I think she [Sombra] doesn’t particularly make friends very well. She definitely fits in that loner archetype, which is a pretty traditional hacker thing I’d say.

So was it another common misconception that Sombra is a loner? I mean, she was introduced to us as a cool, mysterious, individualistic hacker. Yet Zarya found (and beat) her really easily. And now Sombra is also openly friendly with others?

1 Like

Just because she’s a loner doesn’t mean she won’t get along with anyone,we like a friend once in a while too yknow.

13 Likes

exo boots, hold down jump to crouch let go to jump high

do it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

He said she’s doesn’t make friends very well, not that she doesn’t make them at all. She probably found kinship with Baptiste since they’re both war orphans. So it was easier to understand one another.

7 Likes