Banter is viewed as Abusive Chat?

How does you being used to it make it acceptable? It might be acceptable for you, but that doesn’t make it right. I’ve been on the internet since the days of 300 baud modems, and the rampant toxicity is a relatively new trend. It doesn’t have to be this way, but there are a lot more people with poor emotional and self control on the internet these days.

Well, it’s called a disincentive. It discourages people from behaving horribly. That’s the point.

Some people abuse in chat, abuse in game, other people abuse the report system. BALANCE MAINTAINS no matter what. Enjoy life. it’s bound to make you cry :wink:

iloveyou too

20 chars are adorable

1 Like

if you banter, i banter, let all banter, be banter, make banter, cry banter, shout banter, banter banter banter. But don’t type. :stuck_out_tongue:

If you type, blizzard will ban you. Hence you can’t banter. Problem solved.

1 Like

One man’s banter is another man’s abusive chat.

2 Likes

There is no penalty for causing problems. Only responding to them.

It doesn’t matter what is or isn’t against the rules. If people don’t like you for any reason and want to report you they can and it will eventually get you banned.

The entire system is automated with no human verification. The appeals system is also mostly automated or they just give you a copy pasted response and deny you.

2 Likes

i got a week comp ban a while ago and one of the examples of why i got the ban was “its fun to shoot hamsters in the face” yep apparantly thats toxic

2 Likes

What were the other examples?

It’s a huge shame people can’t read tone and gain a sense of humour and not be so offended so easily.

… Oh wait I forgot it’s 2018.

2 Likes

It’s a huge shame people can’t just be nice or be quiet.

… Oh wait, some people just gotta be rude because that’s all they’ve ever known and they think it’s normal.

1 Like

True dat!

… Wait did you think I was being rude? XD I was agreeing with you :joy:

(Here’s an example of related post)

Pretending to be an a-hole is essentially the same thing as being one.

Anything and everything that causes any poor, sensitive soul any discomfort in the least is now considered ‘abusive chat’. Watch out, because this game is a literal haven for poor, sensitive souls.

1 Like

they only gave me 3 examples the Hamster one , one involving a part of their grandads anatomy and some milk , and the third asking if they had a particular mental impairment. Cant go into specifics because I’m back of yet another forum ban for “trolling” when the person I’m arguing with (and who reported me I assume) says much worse than me yet isn’t forum banned GG. MY point is the system is so bad they deemed that hamster comment as offensive .

I now report the tiniest thing , say EZ I’m reporting you for abusive chat call someone a idiot abusive chat if you cant beat them join them

What I’m hearing is that you were extremely toxic and the system is working as intended. Cool. :+1:

what I’m hearing is as usual you don’t or refuse to see the point, I was/am toxic as hell I haven’t ever denied that and do not really care about that, anyone who sees my forum posts will know this. Can you explain why they used the “its fun to shoot hamsters in the face” as one of the reasons I got my ban? does that seem toxic to you? its an example that they just use any old nonsense when banning

Sure can. It’s sociopathic.

Yes, sociopathy seems toxic to me.

It is, also personal questions.
Also every single dude playing this game is sexist 100% of the time, don’t you even try to tell me you aren’t sexist.
Oh racist too.
Only the worst ppl in the world play ow so everyone is abusive toward everyone

It does matter past that. Arbitrarily banning other players is NOT okay NOR does their TOS actually protect them from that. Their seriously losing community support as was made very clear this past weekend lolz

1 Like