Banning trash talk instead of just silencing

Damn, whatever you said must have been something. Usually it is silence first, especially for first offense.

I wonder whats up with that…

Quite an assumption. And you’re still failing to address why banning over comms is better then silencing. Yikes.

I’m not even siding with anyone. I was actually wondering why they would ban you over silence but hey feel free to be angry at everyone. Sheezzz

Not angry, just pointing you’re not addressing the ban/silence choice. It was in the thread title :wink:

Why would I address it? I’m not Blizz. You deserve this by the looks of it.

You cant just ban everyone who talks trash, because literally everyone has done it at some point. This game tilts everyone at various points, even if some are far worse than others. Even seagull and Jayne have tilted before, so they’d be banned along with sinatraa or xqc or whatever randos do it at any given time. OP would be banned too at some point, guaranteed. Sometimes you may just forget that your mic isn’t muted and go off, even though you didn’t mean for anyone to hear it. It happens.

As for stopping it, play well and your team won’t trash you.

Deserve what? Chatting with someone who won’t address the thread topic? lol…

See right now you are toxic when I’m not even siding with anyone and you want me to address an issue on your ban. Good luck.

How about, instead of trash talking, be sportsman like?

That’d help greatly.

Oof OP. Oof.

4 Likes

I made a thread, you are taking it off topic, and you are calling me toxic?

Right now you are a good example of the players who report over petty, trivial, non-issues.

It’s one thing to use the mute button – it’s another thing to not tell someone they need to close their horse mouth. It only gets worse over time.

Whatever floats you boat OP. Good luck and have a good time off from OW.

You still don’t get it–I’m here typing now, yet you think I am banned.

“You must deserve it–but I’m not taking sides!” Get real.

Trash talking is part of sports.
Check and mate.

Do you think every player you report should be banned? I mean seriously…

“Oof” sounds like my pug :slight_smile:

I 100% agree. I got suspended for a week for calling people bad.

I’m taking sides…

want to talk about it?

Sticking up for yourself CAN be toxic, if you are acting toxic while doing it. You can defend yourself withoit swearing, calling names or being rude. If somebody trash talks you, amd you trash talk back… you are BOTH being toxic. Not saying you were doing that, just pointing out self defense doesn’t justify bad behavior either.

As for false implications, your OP said you got reported for trash talking, because they didn’t like playstyle. That doesn’t exactly make sense. Unless there is false reporting involved, which isn’t mentioned at all in the OP.

This makes it seem like other players were being toxic towards you, and you defended yourself. Again either you were toxic in your defense, or they false reported you. In either case your advice in this very topic is to mute toxic players and move on. Which this post strongly implies you did not do.

Unless this was all just hypothetical? And you weren’t actually reported and actioned? edit I’m just trying to figure out what actually happened that led to you being actioned, if you actually were.

As for specifically why Blizzard might decide to ban instead of perma silence? We need to look at two separate points. One, most actions against an account happen in steps of worsening severity.

If a player continually acts poorly despite multiple oppurtunities to change thier behavior they have proven themselves a bad actor. Blizzard has made it clear they don’t want people like that in thier game.

Secondly, Blizzard WANTS us to COMMUNICATE in game. Why exactly would they punish someone in a way that goes against the spirit of the game when the could just remove the problem all together?

I hate to doible post, but I feel like I owe you an apology. What you may or may not have done was not the point of your post. You had a question that I chose to address last in favor of dissecting the situation, so sorry.

The problem is this generation of kids who feel they are entitled to everything and anything while also being as fragile as a wet tissue paper. :confused:

1 Like