Banning for abusive chat? really?

I can confirm, I played with the OP, and he was indeed toxic and abusive in chat. Even though it was not directed to me, it was directed toward others and I indeed reported him.

4 Likes

thank you for helping the community stay clean. cause you know. gameplay sabotage is equally troublesome, so maybe report those guys refusing to step into voice too next time.

You have a terribly misconstrued understanding of “gameplay sabotage”. Players are not required to be in voice coms. You could use the LFG feature which has a voice coms recommendation feature if communication is this important to you. But belittling/attacking other players the way you did is not the way to go about it.

10 Likes

they aren’t required to play competetive overwatch either. if voice gives you an atvantage 50,000001% of the time, you join voice. its about using all the advantages you can to beat the enemy. THAT is competetive. if you want to play just for the lulz, go play quickplay.

never use chat in modern online games. Just don’t. Wait few years, maybe people will get over “toxicity” like it was used to be few years ago. Or ww3 will start and we will have bigger problems

Because obviously you didn’t learn from being silenced. If you’re not going to learn to not be toxic then they don’t want you in the game, so enjoy that ban.

7 Likes

You are always on fire :sunglasses: :fire:

honestly, I’d be fine if they permasilenced me. or simply removed all chat. but that defeats the purpose of competetive overwatch, doesn’t it?

I don’t turn on chat because I don’t want to hear a torrent of abuse directed at me or my teammates because someone is tilted and having a bad day.

3 Likes

I mean being toxic , rude & condescending to your teammates in a team-based game also defeats the purpose of competitive OW doesn’t it?

6 Likes

Online games in the beginning weren’t too bad on average especially because you had to actually communicate with others to get things done and your reputation mattered more. Then it started to get ridiculous in the mid 2000s as popularity and the next generation of people began to flood it (and as tools like LFG and so on further disconnected people from one another), and now we are here where there is little to no consequences for being a jackass because your reputation hardly matters anymore and you can get most if not all things done without considering other people, except of course when they make you cry about something.

But it’s those people complaining about “toxicity” that are the whiners I guess and they just need to grow skin so thick it may as well be a carapace. People today are certainly softer than several decades ago, but people were also generally nicer to one another as well, probably because they experienced rough times and know that you gain nothing by making the next person feel miserable.

The people who get banned or chastised for “minor” things like abusive chat are also the kind of people who flip tables over minor things.

2 Likes

abusive chat doesn’t have to be toxic, as calling bullcrap heroes bullcrap also counts as “abusive chat” (not in those exact words)

give some context… “he was indeed toxic” isnt context… I mean i see people crying “toxic” when someone says “hey do you mind swaping to a hero you can help the team with please?”

ive see people cry toxic for the most stupid crap to a point where based on context toxicity is defined as “you said something i diddnt like, it doesnt have to be mean or hateful” or “hey your not really accomplishing anything on widow mind swaping”. then they get upset and cry toxic because they said you werent contributing… even though youve been on the right side of the kill feed 10 times for every time youron the left side… or might as well be afk because you cant hit anything…

1 Like

Lol even your title is kind of toxic and i literally can hear you being angry just by reading your text.

1 Like

Inappropriate Language

This category includes language and/or links to websites containing such language or images which:

• Bypass the Mature Language filter

If a player is found to have participated in such actions, he/she will:

• Be given a temporary ban from the forums, depending upon severity

Voice chat with random people isn’t nearly as important as you think it is.

And it’s definitely not a reportable offense for not joining. But acting toxic and like a little brat is reportable.

1 Like

let me rephrase your sentence for you, so that you understand what you’re saying…

Teamwork with random people on ladder isn’t nearly as important as you think it is.

sure, I can be toxic, but it’s mainly due to people like you.

I’m pretty sure they don’t join voice chat because of toxic people crapping on their heroes with comments like

or other forms of whining or toxicity.
Cause -> effect

2 Likes

never mind i dont need citation just based on the way OP is behaving here… he did deserve it

4 Likes

sure, but im asking why the suspension over the mute? as a mute i litterally cannot harm anyone while muted

1 Like